History’s Alone - USA vs Australia 2023

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I will also add that it seems the people that build really nice stuff never win. All the people who build really nice cabin like shelters all tap out almost as soon as they are done building them. I'm not sure if it is all the calories required to build it or the fact that they had something to do every day and then all of a sudden they don't have anything to do besides starve.

True. I'm shocked more people don't copy the good ideas for lodging that they've seen on other seasons.

I think it was the first season winner that impressed me. He only stayed 56 days. He could have went much longer but the runner up bowed out. You could see the transformation about half way through where he went from surviving to thriving. Hell, he may have been on the edge of becoming feral and would probably still be up there if he wasn't called back.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
The show seems to prove that the mental part is really what it takes. Some folks just miss their family or human contact too much and tap out. To be hungry that long but to still push through. Boredom, I’d think that would tough part for me. Stare and talk to a camera all day?

CorbLand

WKR
My favorite was when the guy killed a musk ox (I believe) - with A KNIFE.
My favorite was the dude that kills the wolverine. When he wins and is talking to his wife, he tells her "I killed a wolverine with a hatchet" in the most nonchalant, "hey honey, I took the trash out" kind of way. Cracks me up.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
SPOILER ALERT

OK - just finished episode 3. Wow. Another contestant (Peter), taps out after falling and blaming his whining on his knee. He's a bada$$ hunter/guide but floundered in letting his stuff get completely wet on day 1.

So we are at 4 tap outs - by day 3.

Two other contestants apologize for putting a fishing hook IN BUGS.

Kate the ecologist expresses reluctance in "destroying the ecosystem" when she contemplates catching an animal to eat.

These folks seem to not have watched any shows, or prepared. It seems like there was a RS member some time ago who could have taught these people how to get the right skills, and mental toughness.

My favorite was the dude that kills the wolverine. When he wins and is talking to his wife, he tells her "I killed a wolverine with a hatchet" in the most nonchalant, "hey honey, I took the trash out" kind of way. Cracks me up.

That’s Jordan Jonas, the winner of season 6. That was the first really good season with a couple contestants that actually knew what they were doing. My favorite part is when they showed up to tell him he won, he ended up feeding the whole camera crew/camp with his fish supply because they had run out of food lol. He’s a legit outdoorsman, great archer. He’s got some random stuff on YouTube that’s kinda cool for anyone interested. He’s lived with native tribes in the Siberia bush for long periods of time as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk