Meateater sells a controlling stake to anti-gun Democrat?

JWP58

WKR
Dudes are killing it. Like I said about chucky post and his gaggle of insta-bros, be careful who you place on a pedestal. They're just people like you and I, and we aren't perfect.

This is just the in vogue thing (thanks to bha, Trcp, etc), make friends with the very people that want to end your ability to hunt and own a firearm. Because if you're friends, that will change stuff......

Look at who he's been hiring to staff the new " .inc ".....the writing is on the wall. #bluewave lol

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
This happened back in October. Read the article, rinella understands who he's in business with.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
Rinella has done a good job of bridging the gap to those with no opinion on hunting. I don’t believe he’s ever claimed to be a gun rights advocate even though he has strong opinions on the 2A. Shown by his quotes in The Federalist(complete joke). I’ll reserve judgement until I see Meateater take an anti 2A approach like that article suggest.

The NRA and Gun Rights advocates could learn a thing or two from Rinella. You’re not trying to convince those that disagree with you, you’re trying to convince those that have no opinion.

Right now the NRA is losing that battle.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I saw this today too. I have a lot of respect for rinella and think he’s a good ambassador to hunting. However I listen to Ben O’Brien podcast with Charles post and was very off put how they talked about the grizzly delisting. Seemed like they thought it was good thing that the bears put back on the endangered species list. Thought it was ironic too that it was coming from two guys that just moved to Montana and never really dealt with g bears. This is a really concerning mentality in his new company. I hope rinella continues his mentality of Democrats want to take your guns and Republicans want to take your public land and hunters are stuck in the middle stance. I however will be a little more cautious about what he’s saying. First it ar’s next it sniper/hunting rifles it’s a really slippery slope.

Why must everything become right vs left...republican vs Democrat.... the quickest ones to align are getting worked as a marionette puppet. Take time to analyze before making this a witch trial over a few people adding fuel to a fabricated ideological fire. Meateater has done as much for hunting as Conor McGregor has done for fighting. People understand our way of life because Steve and his associates.... that’s damn important. You think the Meateater crew would make a decision without first having a lengthy peace pipe pow wow around the campfire? Hell no, Steve is a strategist with the end goal always in the favor of our natural world and our natural way of life.

Jbehredt

WKR
Hunting and the 2A are VERY loosely related at best. Rinella is an excellent ambassador for hunting but I’m guessing his concerns for the 2A are limited to his bolt action rifles. Not an unheard of position, even here on the slide. I’ll continue to enjoy his content but don’t trust (or expect) him to protect my rights any better than the next wind up dancing monkey.

I’ve been a meateater fan since the very beginning of his first shows. I’m not especially concerned about any possible liberal ties here but I’m continually disappointed by Rinella’s commercialization of his business. The podcasts and tv shows still have an ok message but they are just giant commercials for boots and cooking equipment now. The website is a big sales front for all his swag and books. I’m headed to my first “live show” next month hopefully it’s not a big marketplace wanting my cash.

He just formed the new corporation and swallowed up a bunch of his competition and now this? Unfortunately I assume this business sale is all about the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk