My gear/pack layout from base layers to binos

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus I'm looking at transition to the barefoot/minimal type footwear and see you have mentioned the inov8 as a bridging type boot/shoe in the past. The models we have here (345 GTX) runs way to narrow for me.
Any other suggestions, or get into the vivos and build up using them?

Not right off hand. The Vivos are very minimal if you aren’t already in minimal shoes. Be careful and take it very slowly on the Vivos if you go that route. You can and will break yourself if you go too far, too fast.

Tried the Red kettle jacket and just didn't fit. So on the search I went and found alpkit ventile ranger jacket. Just got the jacket so can't say anymore than it fits good, fit and finish look top notch. And compared to what else is out there its priced nice. Another bonus is they have return shipping within the US so no sending it back the the UK.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The Stone Glacier R3 wing pockets will work on an Exo K4 very well. Looking at my buddies K3, the top strap is too low. The spacing of the top three straps on the K4 is perfect though.

I got six Duraflex triglides ($0.36 for each from Rockywoods.com).

20240511_121122.jpg
20240406_100450.jpg20240511_121140.jpg

One R3 pocket will fit my puffy pants and midweight puffy jacket and getting to them is much easier. I can use the pockets to hold gear to the pack and no longer have to uncompressed the main bag to get my trekking poles if I put them on the side. I usually put them on the back for that reason, but with the pad on the back it did not work as well.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
The Stone Glacier R3 wing pockets will work on an Exo K4 very well. Looking at my buddies K3, the top strap is too low. The spacing of the top three straps on the K4 is perfect though.

View attachment 710464
View attachment 710463View attachment 710465

One R3 pocket will fit my puffy pants and midweight puffy jacket and getting to them is much easier. I can use the pockets to hold gear to the pack and no longer have to uncompressed the main bag to get my trekking poles if I put them on the side. I usually put them on the back for that reason, but with the pad on the back it did not work as well.

Well that’s handy. Thank you.

View attachment 710464
View attachment 710463View attachment 710465

Marbles do you have a link for the throw lever you've got on that SWFA?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Marbles do you have a link for the throw lever you've got on that SWFA?

I have the glass fiber nylon.

I've cut the ball end of the lever off at an angle as it stuck out further than I liked to the side on 3x. This was primarily an issue because I use a two point chest sling.

My favorite thing about it is how obvious it is if I leave the magnification above 3x and I no longer accidently walk around with it cranked up. It also makes it pretty tactile to set the magnification without reading the numbers.

fwafwow

WKR
View attachment 675131

Atlantic Rancher Ranger sweater. This is a merino blend with some synthetic and is THE sweater I have looked for years to find. It is warm, breathes excellently, dries well, durable, and extremely comfortable. By far my favorite mid layer even thought it is heavier than others.
For anyone on the fence for the Ranger sweater, they just added a new color option (Sand).