Need suggestions to fix my sleeping situation

success

WKR
Last season, we camped in Montana. The weather was in the low 30s during the day. Pretty cold at night. I had a 4 season tent, klymit insulated mat, and a loco libre 10° down quilt. Everything seemed fine expect the damn mat. That thing sucked. I kept sliding off of a body part would fall off and be on the ground till I work up from that body part being numb. I see you can by a wider klymit insulated mat but what are other options? Sleeping pad under my current mat, wider mat, different brand? How can I fix this?

colersu22

WKR
I use to use the klymit insulated pad and switched to an exped ul9 and it has a higher R value, is wider and thicker and I sleep much better on it than the klymit pad. I had the same issue as you since that pad is not very wide.

Benny40

FNG
Nemo tensor regular wide, It’s served me well. Also I found if you put your pack buy your hips and boots on a side like previously stated, I don’t seem to ever roll off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catahoula

WKR
Big Agnes sleep system is the set up I use. Big Agnes bag and a Sea to Summit pad tucked in bag pocket underneath me. Has worked well for me for two season now.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I use to use the klymit insulated pad and switched to an exped ul9 and it has a higher R value, is wider and thicker and I sleep much better on it than the klymit pad. I had the same issue as you since that pad is not very wide.
Funny, he didn't mention which Klymit pad that he has. They make pads from 20in wide to 30in wide. I'd get the Static V Luxe SL. 27in wide. 3.5in thick. 6.5R value, half the price of Exped or Xtherms. OP, Put your sleep system in a lightweight bivy setup and solve the problems of keeping things together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
Funny, he didn't mention which Klymit pad that he has. They make pads from 20in wide to 30in wide. I'd get the Static V Luxe SL. 27in wide. 3.5in thick. 6.5R value, half the price of Exped or Xtherms. OP, Put your sleep system in a lightweight bivy setup and solve the problems of keeping things together.

I use to have the static V insulated and I guess I assumed that’s what he was talking about

Last season, we camped in Montana. The weather was in the low 30s during the day. Pretty cold at night. I had a 4 season tent, klymit insulated mat, and a loco libre 10° down quilt. Everything seemed fine expect the damn mat. That thing sucked. I kept sliding off of a body part would fall off and be on the ground till I work up from that body part being numb. I see you can by a wider klymit insulated mat but what are other options? Sleeping pad under my current mat, wider mat, different brand? How can I fix this?
What are your pads current specs?

It’s the static v insulated. 23 x 72 x 2.5 in.
The first thing I looked at was the total weight for the Static V
Static V was coming in at 18.1 oz / 513 g

---------------------------------
I currently have the BigAgnes Q Core deluxe and had in 10-20 degree nights last season.
Cost $200 (25x72)
This pad definitely was on the edge of my comfort level at those temps.
( Have not bought this yet but will for a late season trip for this year)
I have also heard very good things about the Insulated AXL trail boss, but it comes at a price of $249 (25x72) and it is heavier from the insulation.

These are the two I would consider from Big Agnes

-----------------------------------

I had a 4 season tent, klymit insulated mat, and a loco libre 10° down quilt. Everything seemed fine expect the damn mat.

If you wanna save some money I would consider packing in a seperate foam mat.

I see you mentioned a "mat". I am assuming that you meant the kymit sleeping pad. That being said, it is worth considering.
It would look something like this.

Anyone else have any other "high R value" pads that they have experience with? I don't want this to be a B.A. sales pitch.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The first thing I looked at was the total weight for the Static V
Static V was coming in at 18.1 oz / 513 g

I currently have the BigAgnes Q Core deluxe and had in 10-20 degree nights last season.
Cost $200 (25x72)
This pad definitely was on the edge of my comfort level at those temps.
View attachment 107670
( Have not bought this yet but will for a late season trip for this year)
I have also heard very good things about the Insulated AXL trail boss, but it comes at a price of $249 (25x72) and it is heavier from the insulation.
View attachment 107671

These are the two I would consider from Big Agnes

-----------------------------------

If you wanna save some money I would consider packing in a seperate foam mat.

I see you mentioned a "mat". I am assuming that you meant the kymit sleeping pad. That being said, it is worth considering.
It would look something like this.
View attachment 107677

Anyone else have any other "high R value" pads that they have experience with? I don't want this to be a B.A. sales pitch.
Sea to Summit has a strong following on here, Klymit, Exped, Thermarest and all of their variants. B.A. has a well earned reputation for going flat, so their pads don't have as loyal of a following on here as the others.

Sea to Summit has a strong following on here, Klymit, Exped, Thermarest and all of their variants. B.A. has a well earned reputation for going flat, so their pads don't have as loyal of a following on here as the others.

Sneaky,
I think the SeatoSummits come with a "pump" to don't they?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sneaky,
I think the SeatoSummits come with a "pump" to don't they?
I know some of the Nemo pads have integrated pumps, I'm not sure on the S2S pads. I think most of the brands come with inflator sacks as pretty much standard these days. I don't NEED anymore pads, but I'll probably buy another one before season anyways.

I know some of the Nemo pads have integrated pumps, I'm not sure on the S2S pads. I think most of the brands come with inflator sacks as pretty much standard these days. I don't NEED anymore pads, but I'll probably buy another one before season anyways.

This would be something to consider to if OP does like to save some lightheaded-ness by using a inflator sack.
B.A. pads do not come with these. It would be a seperate cost.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This would be something to consider to if OP does like to save some lightheaded-ness by using a inflator sack.
B.A. pads do not come with these. It would be a seperate cost.
Not even that $249 AXL? Holy smokes

Not even that $249 AXL? Holy smokes

Yeah, its also kinda heavy. I am curious to see if I go through with it. I am very likely to see 0°F come night time, but I also don't want to commit the space to a foam mat. I also don't want to drop $249. We shall see.💁‍♂️

OP
S

success

WKR
Im looking for something packable like an inflatable mat. I like the foam mat idea but I don’t like the idea of packing that in. I want something that compresses easily. May go with the static V lux at 30” wide. And it won’t Break the bank.