New Mexico Executive order

KyleR1985

WKR
The rule is being put in place because dumb people are crossing state lines, breathing all over strangers, congregating in places indoors, etc. this behavior is continuing to spread the virus, to a point where there’s concern the health effects can’t be managed.

it’s got nothing to do with hunting being safe or unsafe. The concern is you have to make the rules for average people. And average people are not thinking clearly and engaging in activities that spread the virus.

if you’re going to be a smart person, and only stop for gas, and bring groceries, and stay outside, the rule has nothing to do with you. My guess is if you do just that, you won’t be messed with, and at worst stopped and questioned. But to act like there aren’t some hunters who are going to drive there, and go indoors and create dumb situations, is dumb. Some will. Most wont. Hence the rule.

It seems obvious to me, and concerning that it’s not obvious to everyone, that you should just do what you want to do, and accept the consequences of that. I’m willing to bet of hundreds or thousands of folks who will go against that order to go spend a week in the woods, you won’t hear of more than one or two that are even stopped, much less disciplined in any manner. I’ll go even further to say that the ones who are stopped that are humble with hat in hand, and polite, leave without harm. Those who get all huffy and bark about their rights and stupid rules will end up with citations are sleeping in a room with harder men.

but acting as if the rule is dumb, or that talking about breaking the law on the internet is a good idea, are both worse than people in charge attempting to manage a problem.

the first rule of fight club...

I should be clear - I don’t agree with the rule. But that doesn’t change the situation. Neither does publicly proclaiming you’ll break the rule.

This is feel good legislation. If anything cancel your hotel rooms and just camp. It will be pretty difficult to enforce on any level

mlgc20

WKR
I think its a really dumb rule to be applied to hunters. And I agree that enforcement will be little to none. However, I won't be going to NM, since I can't comply with the order.

Ten Bears

WKR
I think its a really dumb rule to be applied to hunters. And I agree that enforcement will be little to none. However, I won't be going to NM, since I can't comply with the order.

Do you have a tag in New Mexico ? Will you try to get a refund ?

mlgc20

WKR
Do you have a tag in New Mexico ? Will you try to get a refund ?
We were going to use a landowner tag through a guide for a cow hunt for my daughter. (We did the same thing last year.) With all this going on, I didn't put any money down fortunately. Although we still kept hoping we were going to get to go.

Scrappy

WKR
The rule is being put in place because dumb people are crossing state lines, breathing all over strangers, congregating in places indoors, etc. this behavior is continuing to spread the virus, to a point where there’s concern the health effects can’t be managed.

it’s got nothing to do with hunting being safe or unsafe. The concern is you have to make the rules for average people. And average people are not thinking clearly and engaging in activities that spread the virus.

if you’re going to be a smart person, and only stop for gas, and bring groceries, and stay outside, the rule has nothing to do with you. My guess is if you do just that, you won’t be messed with, and at worst stopped and questioned. But to act like there aren’t some hunters who are going to drive there, and go indoors and create dumb situations, is dumb. Some will. Most wont. Hence the rule.

It seems obvious to me, and concerning that it’s not obvious to everyone, that you should just do what you want to do, and accept the consequences of that. I’m willing to bet of hundreds or thousands of folks who will go against that order to go spend a week in the woods, you won’t hear of more than one or two that are even stopped, much less disciplined in any manner. I’ll go even further to say that the ones who are stopped that are humble with hat in hand, and polite, leave without harm. Those who get all huffy and bark about their rights and stupid rules will end up with citations are sleeping in a room with harder men.

but acting as if the rule is dumb, or that talking about breaking the law on the internet is a good idea, are both worse than people in charge attempting to manage a problem.

the first rule of fight club...

I should be clear - I don’t agree with the rule. But that doesn’t change the situation. Neither does publicly proclaiming you’ll break the rule.
It's not the officials most here are worried about trying to enforce the rules. Its the Karen's that are running around acting like Barney Fiffe trying to make citizens arrests. Which is clear by some posting on this thread prove. Sheep should stay herded up with other sheep and not approach a wolf.

Last edited:
It's not the officials most here are worried about trying to enforce the rules. Its the Nancy's that are running around acting like Barney Fiffe trying to make citizens arrests. Which is clear by some posting on this thread prove. Sheep should stay herded up with other sheep and not approach a wolf.
Be careful.....you’ll be labeled a badass by the Dudley Doo-rights.

Carr5vols

WKR
So every truck driver, flight attendant, pilot that enters the state is quarantined for 14 days....want take long for the US supply chain to be broke down...

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting take on Facebook from Gohunt.

Attachments

• 232CE9D5-90F7-4A07-BCF4-7390753CEA47.jpeg
    232CE9D5-90F7-4A07-BCF4-7390753CEA47.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 186
Hawaii has been closed for months and has had this 14-day rule for folks who have to fly home. Their cases are on the rise.

This can't be enforced in NM. And likely won't help their case count. Hunters will be the least of their worries.

mlgc20

WKR
Interesting take on Facebook from Gohunt.
I guess the interpretation is debatable. But, the quote posted by the outfitters association leaves out a key part of the "exception". It says, the exception is related to "conducting business activities." I think you would be hard pressed to say a hunter is "conducting business activities". Of course, the outfitter is performing business activities. But, I think the exception is pointed at the contractor to the essential business and not the essential business itself..