New Mexico Executive order

How is saying you're going to break a law on the internet being a badass? I would think just doing what you think is right, in spite of the law, and not telling the internet you did it or will do it, is more "badass".

Why even talk about it?

Its not about breaking a law or abiding by them. Its about calling out tyranny and defying it. Makes me want to drive to NM and set up a big F'ing tent with a stockade of american flags. And a spray painted red line in front of them.

OP
Unoboats

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
Of course you don't.

Orders like these are feel good nonsense that do nothing but allow the politicians to say they did something.

When am I going to learn to not click on covid threads.
Ratbeetle sorry.that I Started this if the Karen’s and Nancy’s chastise us but I ain’t skeered. And I bet you aren’t either. We have to rise as wolves to combat the Libertards of this world that think they have the upper hand. But wait. We as hunters are the largest militias in the whole fricking world and they don’t know they are sticking a grizzly with a limp ass pole. Sorry but I’ve been in the silent majority for too long. It’s time to stand up and handle this shit Cowboy style.

Ratbeetle sorry.that I Started this if the Karen’s and Nancy’s chastise us but I ain’t skeered. And I bet you aren’t either. We have to rise as wolves to combat the Libertards of this world that think they have the upper hand. But wait. We as hunters are the largest militias in the whole fricking world and they don’t know they are sticking a grizzly with a limp ass pole. Sorry but I’ve been in the silent majority for too long. It’s time to stand up and handle this shit Cowboy style.

9D80F766-F316-4B31-94EF-9CE0DEBE7695.jpeg

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
This is all my fault, I finally have a tag for NM. If this gets messed up...

OP
Unoboats

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
Nah we are all in it too. I’m looking at my tags as well. But at 64 I lm not letting them win. Your get to use your tag. Just don’t hesitate.

Hey dipshits, it’s NM. Ain’t nobody gonna ask you shit. I don’t know where you are all coming from but try to relax a little. NM is lawless AF. To the guy that’s gonna set up a tent and post up a bunch of flags with some red line painted here: at the end of the week when no one has bothered you and the most attention anyone has paid you is a few guys on side by sides waving, pack up your shit and move along. Some of you clearly don’t understand this “blue” state at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that I may have driven in the middle of the night into NM on wed and have been self isolated by pronghorn hunting since. Haven’t talked to anyone as I’m in a place where nothing exists. I feel safer than I would at home. I will do everything I can to fill a tag which I will probably never draw again in my lifetime.
btw, it’s so hot nothing would survive out here. Enough UV radioactive sunlight to disinfect any surface!
I had a buck jump the string at 65 yards last night. Just a matter of time and how much I can melt my face off down here.
I went into town to get ice and a couple local taqueria burritos. Amazing food here btw.
I was the only one wearing a mask, basically in the whole town. Besides the store owner thanking me for visiting his establishment, he Said if I have any friends tell them about his homemade carnitas. Is this one man’s view or a whole community? I’ve spent about $250 in gas and supplies so far. I also struck up a conversation with a local who told me “where” the “toads”are located. He steered me spot on. I’m very grateful. Hope I get to send you guys a pic.
I kept my distance, Obeyed all the guidance,
Do not feel like I’m putting anyone Or myself in danger, and support a very hurting local economy.
People come to the ski resort where I bartend and I’m far more scared of that!

It’s like that in most small communities. We are sick and tired of being told what to do by an idiotic dictator. No one cares if you come from out of state. Our local sheriff dept said they would not enforce this stuff a long time ago. Just come enjoy your hunt, buy groceries, buy gas, enjoy the local food.

TXCO

WKR
So a different question about this- with mandatory harvest reporting, doesnt that leave a window open for NM to go back and pursue all non residents who hunt?

So a different question about this- with mandatory harvest reporting, doesnt that leave a window open for NM to go back and pursue all non residents who hunt?

I guess if they are going to get court orders to demand all lodging data for said hunters. . .

Frazier

FNG
I drew a OIL archery elk tag in NM. If I have to get dropped in by chopper I’m making that hunt.

Deadfall

WKR
It does seem silly. Seems like we are being sold that its not even safe to breathe in fresh air. Off the rules being implied, one could get the notion that breathing through a mask is as about as useful as your swimming trunks filtering your pee in a swimming pool. This meme is becoming more real everyday. By the way, those guys have been killing it on that thread!
45c7313a77bd418b6283d6fc17181347.jpg

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
You win internet today

lif

WKR
I'd hate to be"made an example of..."

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
They don’t need to enforce it, they are winning their battle with fear. As long as folks are afraid to be made an example of the government will win. Maybe you can explain to me how they are enforcing it? Where do they take you? How do they know how long you’ve been in New Mexico?

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
They don’t need to enforce it, they are winning their battle with fear. As long as folks are afraid to be made an example of the government will win. Maybe you can explain to me how they are enforcing it? Where do they take you? How do they know how long you’ve been in New Mexico?
Oh I totally understand where you're coming from. I DOUBT anything would be done. I just feel sorry for the poor sucker that potentially gets trapped up in some show of force for political message-sending. I don't have a dog in the fight in New Mexico, other than hoping my hunter brethren are free from harassment.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Isolation in a dirty hotel room is ok, but staying in your tent in the mountains isn't? What a weird time.

Beendare

WKR
I got an answer to my email to the NM F&G. Good news.
Cut and paste from Lisa Brejcha:

Good afternoon -

Thank you for contacting us. I wanted to follow up with your further to let you know that there is no news which is good news and the hunts have not been cancelled. Understandably, you are concerned with the current public health order. Nonresidents are required to self-quarantine and to "know before you go” when coming out to New Mexico.

Since information can change rapidly and to keep up with the latest information, please review our website alerts page that includes the links to our partnering agencies to view their FAQs at http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/home/alerts/ ; The Department of Health COVID webpage at https://cv.nmhealth.org/ and the Officer of the Governor’s website at https://www.governor.state.nm.us/ .

DLOsoft

FNG
What if somebody is flying into NM for their hunt? You guys think its more likely they would meet more resistance at the NM airport?