Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

j_volt

WKR
I just spoke to the MT licensing office about turkey tags and he was thinking results will be available on 4/15.

I will draw a general tag with 3 pp. Interesting part will be whether or not I draw a permit in one of the units from the prior 900 archery tag with 4 bonus points. Hard to predict odds without application history.

lintond

WKR
First time applying for MT. Was buying points previously. Applied solo for a combo tag with 3 PP. Anticipate that I'll draw, but in todays crazy tag market I don't take anything for granted.

Agross

WKR
Well I’m a little confused now as well. Ours says we have the three preference points, but it says we are not in any drawings. I realize they haven’t drawn yet, but I don’t know y it would say that. Gonna call them tomorrow and ask to be sure.

cgasner1

WKR
I will draw a general tag with 3 pp. Interesting part will be whether or not I draw a permit in one of the units from the prior 900 archery tag with 4 bonus points. Hard to predict odds without application history.

They put so many tags out for each unit I bet you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Sure hope not, don't remember checking that box. Will find out this week I guess
I had a brain fart one year and was sure I marked retain my elk if I didn’t draw my le tag. I must have had dyslexia that day because they took my general tag back and sent me 80 percent 🤬 I read that part on the application 3 times now lol

CBB

FNG
I read it as you got the elk combo but didn't get the deer combo. Retained meaning you keep your points. Released in that you gave up your points to get that tag
Mine shows the same thing except 1pt.
Can't believe I'd have drawn with 1pt

I read it as you got the elk combo but didn't get the deer combo. Retained meaning you keep your points. Released in that you gave up your points to get that tag
No, they haven’t drawn yet and a “released” tag in montana is a tag that you didn’t draw in the initial draw but received once someone forfeited their tag for not drawing their limited tag

Erict

WKR
Well I’m a little confused now as well. Ours says we have the three preference points, but it says we are not in any drawings. I realize they haven’t drawn yet, but I don’t know y it would say that. Gonna call them tomorrow and ask to be sure.

Mine also shows I am not in any drawings and so does an identical hunting partner. It also shows Base License but not the PP I purchased with it (and have the receipt for). I'm not overly worried, probably just another quirk in their system. Will all shake out by the end of the week I'll guess.

Mine still just says Pending so it looks like nothing definitely decided on my application yet.

DRAWING RESULTS

Pending​

2022 General - Elk Combo

Successful​

You do not have any successfully drawn licenses/permits for drawings finalized so far in 2022.

Not Successful​

You do not have any unsuccessfully drawn licenses/permits for drawings finalized so far in 2022.

I heard that last year some folks got notified on the 12th about the draw so I just check twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening as I figure that helps balance it out. I don't want to tip the boat. That said, it still says the same thing it said yesterday, "Pending".