Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

j_volt

WKR
The below showed up this morning. I applied for the deer combo with no LE unit. I refuse to speculate on what it means as my drawing anxiety can't handle it.

1649769263225.png

They will not draw until Thursday, around 9am mountain time your account will say drawing under way.

Everyone with 3 points take a chill pill, you are drawing your tag with 3 points. Folks with 2 points, your tag isn’t guaranteed but you have good odds. 1 point people, sorry but your not drawing, the math shows you will not draw unless you get a released tag. 0 point holders you have a better chance than the one point holder but it’s not great odds overall.

Everyone with 3 points take a chill pill, you are drawing your tag with 3 points. Folks with 2 points, your tag isn’t guaranteed but you have good odds. 1 point people, sorry but your not drawing, the math shows you will not draw unless you get a released tag. 0 point holders you have a better chance than the one point holder but it’s not great odds overall.
But what about a 2.5 average? It wouldn't let me buy a point for her to average us to 3 for some reason.
I better refresh every 5 min

But what about a 2.5 average? It wouldn't let me buy a point for her to average us to 3 for some reason.
I better refresh every 5 min
You should draw. The first 75% of tags is a true preference point system, the people
With the most points will draw first.
The final 25% of tags go to people with zero points, makes no sense but that’s Montana for ya.
They will likely draw Thursday, they’ve drawn on the 14th the last two years

j_volt

WKR
Please get out of here with your logical thinking. This thread is for panic and complaining 😜

Usi05

WKR
Hoping I’m good with two points since I talked myself out of buying a 3rd. Seems silly now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfdjay

WKR
My Bro-Science tells me I will not draw with one point but many people with zero will.

Hoping I’m good with two points since I talked myself out of buying a 3rd. Seems silly now!

Two is a stressful place to be this year with the ability for outfitted hunters to buy two points.
My dad has two points and in normal years this was a guaranteed tag but now we are a little worried.
I drew last year and opted not to buy the point for the draw this year so I had a chance to draw.
Going to be an interesting Thursday, I doubt I get any work done 😬😂

Usi05

WKR
Two is a stressful place to be this year with the ability for outfitted hunters to buy two points.
My dad has two points and in normal years this was a guaranteed tag but now we are a little worried.
I drew last year and opted not to buy the point for the draw this year so I had a chance to draw.
Going to be an interesting Thursday, I doubt I get any work done

I let prior years draw odds factor in too much.

Gen Elk combo, 0 pts, party of 2

Successful

Last edited:

cfdjay

WKR
Going to be an interesting Thursday, I doubt I get any work done 😬😂

Man I struggled with whether to get a point or not. I decided to for 2 reasons.

1) The Future
2) With all the transparent info out there now I'd be surprised if most people didn't do what you did and apply with zero points. Especially parties. Better chance and cheaper? Why not? '

In short I think more people with zero will draw than 1 point however no way is it the same percentage as last year..... BRO SCIENCE lol

You folks with 2.5 and even 2 points are in probably in the 90%+ chance range of drawing so I wouldn't be too worried. Now me with 1 point yea, I'm worried but maybe I still have 10% chance. Most other types of drawings I'm in my chances of winning are infinitely smaller. One in a million you say, then I have a chance! :)

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a preference point so I have a total of one. I applied for the big game combo with my target on next year, or even the year after.

I am planning this year's hunts on the assumption I will not draw Montana so it would actually be a bit distressing with hunt re scheduling if I did.