Ok to sell puppies?

I haven’t seen anything that says one can’t post puppies in the classifieds. I’m not a professional breeder but do have two akc labs and now have five akc lab puppies that I’ll be selling when they are ready. Any rules against this?

ahlgringo

WKR
Don't think so, I have seen litters for sale on here previously. Would be potentially interested. Sent PM

OP
Wyobohunter
We have not and do not intend to do any genetic testing. We have AKC data back to great grandparents.

OP
Wyobohunter
I am not a professional breeder. Just a dude with two good looking labs that had babies. I’ll not be offended if this makes you lose interest.

Rule number 456,1087.215, anina look s must be offered for free ti a good home prior to selling 😁

KurtR

WKR
I am not a professional breeder. Just a dude with two good looking labs that had babies. I’ll not be offended if this makes you lose interest.
Thats the problem. There are diseases and conditions that could be bred out if people didnt back yard breed. I had to watch my dog as a kid with hip dysplasia. While it can happen to well bred dogs with all the appropriate testing the chances are way less. Seen dogs with eic go down and have seizures thats not a pretty sight. Sorry if it comes of harsh but having dealt with way to many people that bred their dogs because they look nice really jaded me and is a detriment to the breed its self.

squirrel

WKR
don't worry about them its a religious crusade for them and they are everywhere. (I call them puppy nazis). Do the research on real numbers and the certs UNDER BEST MATCHING CONDITIONS (EXCELLENT/EXCELLENT ). are a 50% reduction. Post pics. No puppy post should be without pics!

OP
Wyobohunter
1- puppies (all black, 4 males & 1 female)
2- Sire (black)
3- Dam (yellow)

OP
Wyobohunter
I don’t intend to drag this post out. I really just wanted to know if it’s ok to post puppies for sale in the classifieds. My wife wants to get some better pics etc. then I’ll post a proper classified in the right place. Until we get around to that you can PM me if interested.

Thanks!

KurtR

WKR
don't worry about them its a religious crusade for them and they are everywhere. (I call them puppy nazis). Do the research on real numbers and the certs UNDER BEST MATCHING CONDITIONS (EXCELLENT/EXCELLENT ). are a 50% reduction. Post pics. No puppy post should be without pics!
Post that study I would interested to read it. The studies I have seen is 8% excellent to excellent. Eic is 100% avoidable . It was very prevalent in the ft world then the U of M came up with the test. It’s 150 dollars to run a full panel genetic test cheap when it comes to raising liters. 350 for the ofa certs again cheap in the grand scheme of dogs. Unless your goal is just to pump out puppies and make a buck it doesn’t make sense not to test them. Goal should be to better the breed.