Once again a “Influencer” is caught poaching on several hunts (Alpinecarnivore)

AZ8

WKR
Ill preface this by saying im not defending the guy, and from all ive seen of these internet celebrity hunters, ill assume hes guilty as can be, it seems to be par for the course. At this point i just assume all of those guys are shady as ****. But from the article... "and shell casings from a sheep kill in Alberta also matched the firearm officers seized in B.C.,"
Wtf is that? How does spent brass match a firearm? Same cartridge? That doesnt prove much. How can you match spent brass to a specific rifle?
Not only is he a poacher, but also a litter bug.

Just like the movies, it’s always a simple, overlooked piece of evidence that gets the criminal caught! lol

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
When you shoot a ram in Alberta you have to take it in to get registered and have to give the gps coordinates of the kill site.

He obviously gave false coordinates meaning he knew he was in a wild life refugee or else the would have confiscated that ram that day he had it registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you shoot a ram in Alberta you have to take it in to get registered and have to give the gps coordinates of the kill site.

He obviously gave false coordinates meaning he knew he was in a wild life refugee or else the would have confiscated that ram that day he had it registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That dude's Magellan-like sense of direction lead him over several mountain ranges and back to the truck with no gps guidance so he "didn't really know where he was."

Rich M

WKR
The guys get paid to produce kills. How do you think they do it?

Cant get much footage off yer uncle’s wt farm and 1 trip into the western mtns. Gotta toe the line and push the envelope…

I think a big issue is most have short memories and new "followers" on social media will never know. There should be a mandate for a certain period of time before every YouTube video, in every instagram bio, there is a POACHER disclosure. Threaten to take away the one thing they care about, the "fame", and they might think twice.
I bet a judge could order that, would be freaking awesome honestly.

GotDraw?

WKR
I think a big issue is most have short memories and new "followers" on social media will never know. There should be a mandate for a certain period of time before every YouTube video, in every instagram bio, there is a POACHER disclosure. Threaten to take away the one thing they care about, the "fame", and they might think twice.
Probably one of the most awesome ideas ever on this site.
If CA and CO mandate that, then I'll be every other state gets on board too.
J

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
How long until an influencer is sponsored by a law firm? “I tell you what, when you get in a pickle someplace you shouldn’t be OnX won’t save you” #threefancylastnameslawfirm #tresspassinsurance #prohunternotproregulationknower

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long until an influencer is sponsored by a law firm? “I tell you what, when you get in a pickle someplace you shouldn’t be OnX won’t save you” #threefancylastnameslawfirm #tresspassinsurance #prohunternotproregulationknower

Not the same but got a chuckle looking at the Arizona regs; they has full page ad for a criminal attorney that specialized in wildlife crimes :ROFLMAO:

OMB

WKR
Just did so we'll see how long they stay up.

You would think that after such blatant poaching (sounds like at least 6 different incidents) they would never show their face on social media again. Then again poachers don't have any sense of shame either so it's not surprising.
Pretty much been the Muley Freak and Bowmar Archery business model for the last several years, and they seem like their businesses are doing well.

It's extremely frustrating that the hunting industry tends to circle the wagons around poachers rather than casting them out entirely. In my line of work, if I could kick a competitor to the curb I would do it in a heartbeat.

It really shows how much these guys are scratching for every penny, most everyone that gets famous for hunting is either already wealthy or living hand to mouth (one video away from finally making it!)

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I find the lack of accountability amongst the industry interesting. It makes you wonder if the reason no one seems to want to call anybody out about poaching is because it is so rampant that an influencer can’t risk getting on a high horse because the odds of they themselves getting knocked off of it are too high.