One item you wish you carried sooner?

tripod for binoculars; read about it on several threads here and decided to try it a couple of years ago- huge difference glassing with a tripod vs hand

this is w/ just regular sized binos (10x42)- game changer for sure

last year I swapped out cron starch in my wind checker to micro balloons (also read that tip here), much better!
Micro balloons?

only micro balloons I’m familiar with would NOT do well on sensitive areas. They are tiny fluffy pieces of fiberglass…. Literally light your ass up.

What you talking about?

It goes in your wind checker, not your wind maker!

For me - ear plugs to protect my ears when I have time before the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Hahaha. I have heard of corn starch for anti chafing. I thought home boy had substituted fiberglass for corn starch to keep his wind maker dry and happy.

Figured it had to be a joke because I couldn’t think of a worse material to go down there! Hahaha

ODB

WKR
What is one item you now carry in your pack that you wish you would have though to carry years ago?

Mine is a battery tester. They weigh/cost nothing. Don’t take batteries. And I know I have good ones to swap out in GPS etc. Used it chasing elk the other day and thought “this is genius to have”.

A tester in your pack? I use a good one at home but test and group batteries before I even step out the door. A tester that does use batteries to induce a load will give you a more accurate result.

i also mark my batteries so I can keep them together so they drain together.

3278319F-C72E-43B6-81AD-959BFFB89480.jpeg

TheGDog

WKR
It goes in your wind checker, not your wind maker!

For me - ear plugs to protect my ears when I have time before the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some Walker In-Ear EarPro that boost your hearing and yet cuts the dB's to protect em. Awesome at the range and actually have helped me hear/detect stuff that was surprisingly far away from me in the field.

WCB

WKR
Thermacel for archery hunting and fly fishing 100% all though I think I actually started carrying one when they basically came out or started to be known. SO maybe that is more of a "what do you wish was available sooner?"

Other than that Zip off long john bottoms and milk weed/duck down windicator. using chalk or something else is worthless IMO...seen too many times the windicator go out 30-40 yards and take a hard turn or even curl back over me in the mountains.

Cut proof gloves in the kill kit. These serve two purposes - keep your hands warm when processing in the field and keep you from cutting yourself. I am terrible about opening big wounds on my hands and fingers when quartering up deer and elk. They are super light and form fitting and they don't impede my grip on knives at all because they fit so well and have some grip. Professional butchers often have them on under cotton gloves. $10 to $15 bucks on amazon.