One item you wish you carried sooner?

Moserkr

WKR
I agree with everything here, and use 99% of the suggestions already. Especially the TP and diarrhea meds - you think that last ones funny til your kid sneezes in your face and you were unaware that the seemingly innocent shits are actually contagious, then two days later you cut your trip on the mountain short as you make stops every 100 yards, barely being able to get to the side of the trail before the next catastrophe hits. Not enough tp in the world for that situation.

If it hasnt been mentioned, floorless shelter with a stove is my pick. It just makes the quality of the trip so much better. Especially when your tipi is big enough for your helinox chair during a snow storm. Kick back, relax, and enjoy the experience in a t-shirt. Barely a few ounce penalty when it replaces your cook system with the setup i use.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Of all things, a sponge. I have one packed in with all of my different shelters now. Condensate over night? Hit the walls with the sponge, it dries a million times faster. If you’re in a high humidity situation, say while you’re stuck in the tent all day, it’s super convenient to be able to hit the walls with it to keep them from raining on you and all your shtuff all day. It’s the best addition I’ve found over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second the sponge. My buddies made fun of me for this until they saw how well it worked.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I second the cut resistant glove.

Between big game, birds and fish I seem to periodically slice my non knife hand, especially since I got a Work Sharp sharpener and get my knives very sharp.

cmahoney

WKR
cdd494c44d35f0ccf7c2b21ba3c687b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super tag

WKR
I stumbled across the “pyro putty” electronic lighter and fire starter material, absolutely awesome stuff. Will start a fire in any condition very easily. Very handy for a quick warm up fire in wet conditions. Lightweight and affordable.

What is one item you now carry in your pack that you wish you would have though to carry years ago?

Mine is a battery tester. They weigh/cost nothing. Don’t take batteries. And I know I have good ones to swap out in GPS etc. Used it chasing elk the other day and thought “this is genius to have”.
Toilet Paper

kpk

WKR
Inflatable butt pad from Amazon for sitting. Hasn’t left my pack since I got it.

30’ of 7/64 amsteel, I just love the strength of this stuff and it weighs nothing to carry.

Up until 6 or 7 years ago I hadn't invested in a good pair of binoculars. Used a lesser pair for years. When I thought about it, I spend way more time glassing during the day than I do looking through the scope on the rifle.

IMO. Spend better money on glassing optics and get a solid mid-priced scope and never look back. I figure, this isn't Europe, and legal shooting hours, even when stretched, provide plenty of light for above said scope type.

Up until 6 or 7 years ago I hadn't invested in a good pair of binoculars. Used a lesser pair for years. When I thought about it, I spend way more time glassing during the day than I do looking through the scope on the rifle.

IMO. Spend better money on glassing optics and get a solid mid-priced scope and never look back. I figure, this isn't Europe, and legal shooting hours, even when stretched, provide plenty of light for above said scope type.
I remember the wise old guy who taught my hunters safety class when I was a kid said that your best spent money in hunting gear is in optics. I usually bought lower middle end binos for a long time and a couple years ago had an opportunity to buy a pair of used swaro els for a good price, best money I ever spent.