OTC 2024-2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this info is pretty much out there already. You can get this info for most of the states you listed if you google it. Otherwise websites like Eastmans or GoHunt also provide this info. (For a small fee).

Your best bet is going to be research this information yourself (the answers are a google search away) and if you find something you enjoy, like AZ otc archery, keep it to yourself.

Also I doubt the big buck you were chasing was 200”…I’m sure he was big…but regardless you are drawing attention to something that is not OTC anymore and the opportunity will go away quickly the more attention you bring to it.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Glad you had fun and enjoyed the state(s) many of us live in. I appreciate how much you love it. We do too, we live here. We also don’t super love our opportunities being taken away, or now having to have quotas since AZ otc blew up a few years back. Part of the reward of western hunting is figuring it out. I’m sure you have deer, or duck, or turkey spots in PA you don’t want to he blasted on the internet. That is how we feel. Good luck in the future. Also sure fired way to lose opportunities is to yell about it on the internet, pretty soon your every year turns into 2,3,4 years… the lines are already out the door for this stuff. Keep that in mind

Last edited:

Laramie

WKR
12 posts in 2.5 years. You might possibly get more help if you contribute a little. That said, 95% of what you are asking for is easily searchable on the web. Quit trying to press the easy button- it rarely will work for in demand things like western hunts.

WKR

WKR
12 posts in 2.5 years. You might possibly get more help if you contribute a little. That said, 95% of what you are asking for is easily searchable on the web. Quit trying to press the easy button- it rarely will work for in demand things like western hunts.
With as much effort as he put into that post, he could have researched and found answers to a few of the questions he asked.

bpurtz

WKR
With as much effort as he put into that post, he could have researched and found answers to a few of the questions he asked.
He might be really efficient at copy & paste...

Reactions: WKR

CorbLand

WKR
As much as I would like to see this thread just disappear...Utah has zero OTC options for Deer outside of left overs.

Rich M

WKR
Sleekmedia - he might be trying to make a name for himself. I can't see anyone who is actually applying for tags giving this stuff out "for free".

OP
sleekmedia

sleekmedia

FNG
Classified Approved
Keep it up guys, karma is a beast....Consider that at some point in time if others hadn't helped you learn, you wouldn't know what you currently know. If you think everything you know was obtained from trial and error on your own knowledge and time you would only be lying to yourself. Knowledge is meant to be shared not selfishly secured and there can come great reward from helping others. The majority of my success as a hunter came from learning from others, including friends, mentors, my father and the internet. Thus I will gladly help someone learn how to hunt my state (without revealing my spots that I worked for several years to obtain). Even if I told all of you where to go, you would still have to put in the work like I did to find good game, which 99% of people wont do.

I get all of your points and agree 100% with what you are trying to say, but I really think you are all acting with emotional bias. Taking your frustration out on this post, for the reason tags are becoming harder to obtain is laughable when the real culprit is YouTubers like Cam Hanes and GoHunt (which you act like is okay) are blasting this information across the web. I get an email from GoHunt almost weekly talking about OTC tags and draw odds. I find it hard to believe that some small time guy who's on rockslide and archery-talk, who posted a forum thread that will be lucky to get (50 views max) in its entire existence is the reason you are seeing more pressure in your home states.

If you think you've seen pressure you ought to come out to PA where cross-bows are allowed during regular archery season. I've been seeing more pressure in Pennsylvania every year for the last decade and its not because of internet popularity, its because population increase, land being bought up, and the fact hunting is more accessible and being promoted by famous people on the internet. I don't think Rockslide members are the guys ruining your hunts and adding pressure to the system.

This is actually really quite ironic because I only saw 2 hunters my entire 11-days in AZ. That's a lot less pressure than I deal with here in PA, yet you complain about how saturated it is there. You can find a tree stand about every 200 yards here in PA on public land, yet I don't complain about it or blame people online who asks for advice on how to hunt my state. I have just learned to adapt and yes it makes my hunts harder, but that makes them more rewarding when you have success.

Also, I have researched everything above for almost a year now and the majority of the info is NOT readily available until you actually purchase a license and get into some of the online permit system portals. Only after you create an account and buy a license are you able to get certain information on the details of the draw process or their available permits. I am a premium GoHunt member (which one of you recommended above) and even their website draw filters don't do it all and are kind of a scam. Figuring out the AZ OTC process was not easy, just to get the info I needed.

Sorry this post got so many upset, and at this point I don't think anything good could really come out of it with all this hate at the forefront, which really was surprising to me because up to date I have found Rokslide to be very informative and a lot of great info has been shared. I am going to leave the post up for a little longer, mainly to entertain some more hate, then I will delete it. If I ever run into any of you in the next few years, you would gladly take back all that was said, if you met me in person and didn't let your ego's do the talking.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Karma? What is that?

If you believe no one will look at your post why post it?

You are so gung ho that you actively want to make it harder for you to participate in something you claim to think is the most amazing thing ever? Where is the logic in that. Unless you are trying to gain notoriety or money or free swag by it. Even then short term gains for long term losses. As it goes most otc opportunities are vanishing for NR and rightfully so. Co will more than likely take it away in 2025, AZ went to quotas, I could see them taking it away completely in the near future. But yeah keep selling it down the river.

Laramie

WKR
Keep it up guys, karma is a beast....Consider that at some point in time if others hadn't helped you learn, you wouldn't know what you currently know. If you think everything you know was obtained from trial and error on your own knowledge and time you would only be lying to yourself. Knowledge is meant to be shared not selfishly secured and there can come great reward from helping others. The majority of my success as a hunter came from learning from others, including friends, mentors, my father and the internet. Thus I will gladly help someone learn how to hunt my state (without revealing my spots that I worked for several years to obtain). Even if I told all of you where to go, you would still have to put in the work like I did to find good game, which 99% of people wont do.

I get all of your points and agree 100% with what you are trying to say, but I really think you are all acting with emotional bias. Taking your frustration out on this post, for the reason tags are becoming harder to obtain is laughable when the real culprit is YouTubers like Cam Hanes and GoHunt (which you act like is okay) are blasting this information across the web. I get an email from GoHunt almost weekly talking about OTC tags and draw odds. I find it hard to believe that some small time guy who's on rockslide and archery-talk, who posted a forum thread that will be lucky to get (50 views max) in its entire existence is the reason you are seeing more pressure in your home states.

If you think you've seen pressure you ought to come out to PA where cross-bows are allowed during regular archery season. I've been seeing more pressure in Pennsylvania every year for the last decade and its not because of internet popularity, its because population increase, land being bought up, and the fact hunting is more accessible and being promoted by famous people on the internet. I don't think Rockslide members are the guys ruining your hunts and adding pressure to the system.

This is actually really quite ironic because I only saw 2 hunters my entire 11-days in AZ. That's a lot less pressure than I deal with here in PA, yet you complain about how saturated it is there. You can find a tree stand about every 200 yards here in PA on public land, yet I don't complain about it or blame people online who asks for advice on how to hunt my state. I have just learned to adapt and yes it makes my hunts harder, but that makes them more rewarding when you have success.

Also, I have researched everything above for almost a year now and the majority of the info is NOT readily available until you actually purchase a license and get into some of the online permit system portals. Only after you create an account and buy a license are you able to get certain information on the details of the draw process or their available permits. I am a premium GoHunt member (which one of you recommended above) and even their website draw filters don't do it all and are kind of a scam. Figuring out the AZ OTC process was not easy, just to get the info I needed.

Sorry this post got so many upset, and at this point I don't think anything good could really come out of it with all this hate at the forefront, which really was surprising to me because up to date I have found Rokslide to be very informative and a lot of great info has been shared. I am going to leave the post up for a little longer, mainly to entertain some more hate, then I will delete it. If I ever run into any of you in the next few years, you would gladly take back all that was said, if you met me in person and didn't let your ego's do the talking.
Cry me a river. Seriously in a year you didn't find the info? I focus on two of the states you list. I asked my 14 year old to try to look up the info you are asking for in these two states. It took him less than 20 minutes to find the answers and he had never been on the sites.

The reality is, any help we provide hurts our own odds of hunts in the future. 50 views can double the number of applicants in an area. Western hunting is extremely limited and very competitive. I do help people occasionally. I have helped guys get first bulls, bucks, etc but I am very selective. Guys with your perspective, and participation level on the forum, are going to struggle.

fmyth

WKR
I am going to leave the post up for a little longer, mainly to entertain some more hate, then I will delete it. If I ever run into any of you in the next few years, you would gladly take back all that was said, if you met me in person and didn't let your ego's do the talking.

You know I was just thinking today, man I wish we had another youTuber, Insta/bookface influencer, podcast caster, and overall douche influencer to help spread the word about hunting. Just bear with me for a second, but if we can just get one more person to spoonfeed information to people, even though there are a couple hundred well-known influencers , thousands of wannabe’s, and at least a couple dozen websites that for a small overall fee will send you text reminders of when you need to apply……..we can turn this dying sport around.

Status
Not open for further replies.