OTC 2024-2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
Btw in relation to hunting PA and hunting out west. It's not even comparable. Sure us midwest guys deal with some pressure but from what I gather. The West in bombarded constantly but us dumbasses trying to go west. I hunt Pa and I hunt Ohio my home state. We don't nearly have the pressure you think is bad. Two things you never ask. A women's weight and for hunting spots.

Laramie

WKR
I think this is the most sincere post I have received yet that I can actually relate with...

You guys need to realize I am new to western hunting and didn't recognize "how bad" you say the competition really is and am not familiar with the history of OTC tags, quotas, and draws becoming harder to obtain in the same light that you have such experience.

I don't want any more hunting pressure than anyone else, but I don't have the experience you all have to know how this would easily offend others. I grew up on the east coast with dreams of being able to hunt mule deer my entire life, and worked very hard to get to where I am at to be able to afford and have the time for out-of-state hunting. The recent mule-deer archery hunt completely changed my life and passion for the sport and I am just excited about trying to find more opportunities to do that, simple as that.

Consider, not all have access to big game species like Elk and Mule-Deer in their home state, and this is the only option for some of us to fulfill our dreams of hunting western game, wether you like it or not. Also consider that I could afford hiring an outfitter, guided hunt, or landowner tags but I chose to hunt solo self-guided 100% of the time and pass-up animals on my hunts instead of shooting fork horns and am okay going home empty handed. I would have thought that would at least generated some respect compared to people who pay outfitters and guides to scout their animals for them and put in zero work. I don't hear complaining about all the people paying big money for guided hunts and landowner tags, just complaints about the guy who wants to do it on his own and put in the work.

You all could have nicely stated why you are so against people posting about this info, provided insight into the situation to educate me, or PM'd me instead of blasting the new guy, who is seriously just trying to get advice.
You also could have ignored this thread altogether, but you all have to make your emotions heard. On the contrary I did a search and there are many other threads talking about OTC tags, draw odds, deadlines, etc. for many of the states I have listed here, so not sure why my post is any different. Again for the record, I get what you guys are saying just didn't realize it would generate so much hate.
The problem is you lied, which pissed a bunch of us off. For example, Wyoming draw odds take literally 1 minute to find. Nebraska is even easier. You haven't researched sh!t. Your another guy expecting others to hand over info that others worked hard for. You get defensive when people call you out on it but it's obvious.

This glorious meme should adorn every thread where some clueless moron asks about spots. In fact, it should be the official moderator response to such threads.

What sort of entitled turd thinks they are owed the knowledge others have earned? I guess SM is absolutely full of them these days. Thinking they ought to exploit hunting for personal gain and that they deserve everyone else's knowledge to do so. OP, you aren't entitled to a single speck of knowledge anyone else holds, regardless of how they obtained it. To call withholding information wrong while simultaneously claiming to be entitled to it is absurd and immoral.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.