PNW guys whats your hunting boot?

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, I'm curious what guys/girls and running in the Pacific North West? I have been using Crispi boots for a few years now here in western Washington. I'm not trying to bash them but they seem to fail in about a year and a half regarding waterproofness. I have had Thors and Colorado. What is your pick for boots in the NW? Thanks Jason

I'm always trying new boots out of necessity. I had some new Crispi Altitudes leak on the first real trip out, and I will be giving the Briksdal MTN GTX a try. I think every Gore Tex boot will eventually fail; I'm OK if I get a couple seasons before they start to leak. I have been debating going to an all leather non lined boot, but haven't don't it yet.

I have some Kennetrek’s 400g thinsulate (I used to get really cold feet). I have had them 9 years and used them for the first 3-4 in the soaking wet PNW and never got wet feet

To be fair, the last couple years they let a tiny bit of moisture in especially in wet sloppy snow, so I am finally almost in the market for some new ones.

If you take care of them and grease them a couple times a year they do pretty dang good

Hello all, I'm curious what guys/girls and running in the Pacific North West? I have been using Crispi boots for a few years now here in western Washington. I'm not trying to bash them but they seem to fail in about a year and a half regarding waterproofness. I have had Thors and Colorado. What is your pick for boots in the NW? Thanks Jason
Zamberlan hold up the best for me on the coast

Red33

FNG
I'm in North Idaho, but I have a different experience with my Crispi boots. Nevada (insulated for winter) and Colorado. Neither have leaked a bit in 3 years of hard use.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I am wearing Meindls as they seem to be the only boot that can fit my canoe feet (6E or "extra wide" as the guy called them). They have been solid.

Pike40

FNG
Currently running Lowa Tibet and Scarpa SL active. The Scarpa do not have a liner but have been a great boot. The Lowa have also been great but the boot will outlive the waterproof membrane, I just rely on good boot treatment at that point.

ORhunter74

Lil-Rokslider
Knock on wood, my Crispi Colorado’s have remained waterproof for two full seasons in the Coast Range. I do use a heavy duty gaiter and I think that helps significantly. Prior to that anything from cheap Danners to Schnee’s have worked… with a fairly limited lifespan.