QD Sling Recommendation for backcountry elk hunt

Looking for a real nice qd rifle sling for some backcountry hunts coming up.... Any suggestions? I'm not on a budget. Looking for high quality gear. Going on a Seekins Element 7PRC thanks!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a simple but effective hunting sling, lemme get you one to test and see if you like it. You can give me and Rokslide a good thorough evaluation.

If you like, PM me your address and I will ship it out. Lemme know whether you like Ranger green, Coyote, or Multicam.

I will get some pics posted up with description.

sika64

FNG
I have a simple but effective hunting sling, lemme get you one to test and see if you like it. You can give me and Rokslide a good thorough evaluation.

If you like, PM me your address and I will ship it out. Lemme know whether you like Ranger green, Coyote, or Multicam.

If he doesn't take you up on the offer I'll gladly try it out and write a review.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I ordered one of these. Looking forward to using it.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There are the ones I shipped. They are light and comfortable with the rubberized nylon that doesn’t slide on the shoulder and has a high density foam that doesn’t compress like latex. It also has a little stretch to it so it doesn’t carry heavy.

The single sling has the sliding tripod loop on the tail end. Leave the front end on the rifle, and clip the back end into your belt. It goes under the head of the tripod.

That pulls the front of the rifle down to control recoil. Also helps take out wobble.

I also put on the buckle so that you can carry it over your neck and shoulder, with head through it, across the chest. I use that carry when busting brush a lot. Taking it off with the buckle is fast and easy rather than knocking my hat off and rubbing my neck, nose, and ear.

Attachments

• B4269589-F31F-4D38-8C9F-A64EC82EE79A.jpeg
    B4269589-F31F-4D38-8C9F-A64EC82EE79A.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 134
  • FE75913E-1629-4688-9571-97131229C22E.jpeg
    FE75913E-1629-4688-9571-97131229C22E.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 137

klejeski

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for a qd sling myself I like the idea of unbuckleing especially when dressed heavy in Minnesota. How to I get 1

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve always used a Viking tactics sling- carry over from using it on service guns- to create more tension in different shooting positions. There’s obviously dedicated hunting slings but I look for something that is functional and comfortable if I’m going to use it - otherwise I end up ditching it pretty quick.

I’ve always used a Viking tactics sling- carry over from using it on service guns- to create more tension in different shooting positions. There’s obviously dedicated hunting slings but I look for something that is functional and comfortable if I’m going to use it - otherwise I end up ditching it pretty quick.

Ill second this for the same reasons. The padded version is all I use any more whether it is on a gas gun or bolt gun.

That said, I may have to pick one of the slings up that @hereinaz posted. They look nice

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the mention!

My sling’s buckle location for easy adjustment was directly influenced by the Viking Tactical sling given me by a service member. It was his favorite style and he showed me how he used it and why. Quick adjustment was one huge feature to him.

I made mine because the Viking wasn’t as comfortable as I wanted, and I wanted a little more grip. It also weighs a little less.

www.lswild.com

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Thanks for the mention!

My sling’s buckle location for easy adjustment was directly influenced by the Viking Tactical sling given me by a service member. It was his favorite style and he showed me how he used it and why. Quick adjustment was one huge feature to him.

I made mine because the Viking wasn’t as comfortable as I wanted, and I wanted a little more grip. It also weighs a little less.

www.lswild.com
Thanks for the mention!

I actually just ordered two to give it a shot on my lightweight backcountry rifles. Trying to cut out as much weight as I can!