revalation x 20* long wide

floor guy, I Tims pretty good with his size estimation. I think that size will work just fine for you. im all of 6'5" and ive got room to spare with the 6'6" model I bought. ive never had that luxury and its pretty nice. im sure you will be very happy with your rev X

Just found out what I'm getting for a tax refund, looks like I'll be picking up one of these in the near future! Will also grab a new pad and an annex for my LBO.

I hope so Justin! Been a pretty good gear year for me.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the regular size 20* model. I'm right at 6' without boots and only 165 lbs. I might get the wide model pad though since I'm using a quilt. Extra few ounces is good insurance for a comfortable sleep system I think.

Do you think I'll be able to fit the quilt/pad/bivy in that medium kifaru medium 5 string stuff sack?

Mike

The med and regular should be fine but there is no harm in going wider. Im 6 1 180 and I've used both reg width and wide

The quilt itself pack very small. No real need to compress as it can compress in your pack.

Bringing the thread back up wound up emailing Tim and got myself in trouble. My son needs a bag this year and Tim had a protegex in stock so it can ship with my quilt when its ready, so I threw down for that. Now I have two quilts coming. Wonder how my sons grandparents will feel when they find out the Ducks Unlimited sleeping bag got replaced in less than 6 months.

mike, let me know how you like the draft collar on that thing. personally I like not having one, but again Im a bit Closter phobic. the draft collar on the slick bag was one of the things that kept me from buying one initially and continuing my search that ended with the rev x.

mike, let me know how you like the draft collar on that thing. personally I like not having one, but again Im a bit Closter phobic. the draft collar on the slick bag was one of the things that kept me from buying one initially and continuing my search that ended with the rev x.

I will let you know. I've been in situations where I've cinched up the hood on my bag to where I just had a breathing hole and wasn't bothered. Looking forward to getting it in!

I got home from out of town and the rev x was waiting for me with the protegex for my son its a good thing my son is skinny. The revx is awesome I can't wait to get out with it. The 5'6" fit me perfectly.

I'm 6'1", 215 and got a RevX 20deg in 6' length, Wide width for broad shoulders. Fit is great, just enough room, yet not constricting. You'd be fine with the same size...

Well I've got my Draft Dodge quilt and while I haven't put a night on it yet I'm really digging it so far! Haven't really had a chance to see which strap configuration I like best. It comes with two elastic straps and two static straps. Littlebuf, which straps are you using and are you sucking the sides of the quilt underneath your sleeping pad or just underneath your body?

Mike

The draft collar on the Draft Dodger won't make you closterphobic. I don't think it's big enough for that, but probably does add a bit of warmth.

Mike, I think I will just try tucking mine in around me. I tried the straps but I think I'd rather try the lighter solution first and see how it goes.

Back