Schnees & Crispi & Hanwag

mmac

WKR
It looks like the schemes boots are built by crispi. Just built to there spec and slightly higher features . But I have two pairs of crispy and off same last, the Nevada and the Wyoming. They fit exactly the same. Order and try a bunch on. I really like my crispi boots, I also like the schnees and they will be my next boot if they fit.
Crispi boots have really been marketed and sold through many retailers now vs. a couple years ago so you are seeing them a lot now.

Last edited:

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Comparing the Schnees BT II's to three pairs of Crispi IMO the Crispi's are overall roomier. The Schnees have a narrower and more tapered toe in comparison to Crispi's wider and more rounded. Crispi's heel is much wider with a deeper heel cup.

I'd love a boot with the heel width of Schnees and toes area of Crispi.
We usually find the opposite of this. I don't think many guys realize this, but in our store we also sell Crispi, Scarpa, Lowa, etc.. We're always comparing them. Construction, fit, sizing, etc..

If anyone has any questions about boots, even others, feel free to shoot me a PM or comment.

- Matt

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It looks like the schemes boots are built by crispi. Just built to there spec and slightly higher features . But I have two pairs of crispy and off same last, the Nevada and the Wyoming. They fit exactly the same. Order and try a bunch on. I really like my crispi boots, I also like the schnees and they will be my next boot if they fit.
Crispi boots have really been marketed and sold through many retailers now vs. a couple years ago so you are seeing them a lot now.

I've seen this going around a bit for the last 2 months. Not sure where this rumor started, but to put this to rest, our boots are built by us in our own Italian factory, not by Crispi or anyone else. One similarity that comes up is the Dual Density Midsole. We had the Dual Density PU midsole tech a full year and a half before anyone else did and it has since been copied by others.

We also find some notcable differences in fit between our boots and Crispi, Lowa, etc... Notably, 99% of the time, our toe box and mid-foot area are roomier. Not always, but most of the time.

If anyone has any questions about our boots, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

setch

WKR
Just another data point...

I have the original Schnee's beartooth (not the classics, but the 1st gens) in a 10.5W and they fit well. I have a narrow heel, hi volume in the midfoot (across the widest part of the foot), and wide toe box. I've had these for quite a few years and my feet have gotten larger. So I ordered a kestrel in 11w, and they did not work...too narrow in the midfoot and pinching as I just walked around the house. I sent them back...

I'm wondering how the crispi nevada's would fit, comparatively. Sounds like there may be more room in the midfoot and toebox, but also wider in the heel cup...? I was thinking about an 11 or an 11w but if in fact the heel cup is wider than the schnee's, then there is almost no point going down that road.

Thoughts?

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just another data point...

I have the original Schnee's beartooth (not the classics, but the 1st gens) in a 10.5W and they fit well. I have a narrow heel, hi volume in the midfoot (across the widest part of the foot), and wide toe box. I've had these for quite a few years and my feet have gotten larger. So I ordered a kestrel in 11w, and they did not work...too narrow in the midfoot and pinching as I just walked around the house. I sent them back...

the kestrel and mission v2 are designed with a roomier toe box and mid-foot than our other boots. So hearing they were to narrow is strange. it might be possible they were mis-labeled or something.