SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

CWalker

FNG
@Schnee's do you have any pics of how to remove the barrel extension from the original barrel? That’s the main thing that has me hung up about getting a new barrel for my cross

unsuccessful

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of velocity are you getting out of the 6.5 and the 338????

Sent from my Atom_XL using Tapatalk

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m interested.

Well everyone, we just got our first shipment of barrels in! Most are spoken for, but we have 1 x 338Fed, 7mm-08 and 6mm creed left.

Give us a call if you want one 800-922-1562, or they should be available on our website if they are still in stock by the time you read this.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Schnee's do you have any pics of how to remove the barrel extension from the original barrel? That’s the main thing that has me hung up about getting a new barrel for my cross

Unfortunately I just have the ones posted a few pages back. We will be installing another barrel here in the next week or so. I will document it as best I can. You can also reach out to https://www.fishertandc.com/ . He installed my last barrel and knows the process well.

Well everyone, we just got our first shipment of barrels in! Most are spoken for, but we have 1 x 338Fed, 7mm-08 and 6mm creed left.

Give us a call if you want one 800-922-1562, or they should be available on our website if they are still in stock by the time you read this.
You just have to tempt me with the 6CM. If I could use the certificate I got with my delayed Carbon6 barrel, I would jump on it

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
First batch of barrels have been delivered and installed by a couple customers. Here's the first report I've received back:

"It looks awesome, was an easy install and it shoots great. I shot two to zero and then these three. I’ll work up a load for it in a bit but this is very promising with factory rounds, fading light, no rear bag and my 2 year old yelling at me/me yelling at her 😂I’m willing to bet that with the barrel broken in, load development and a rear bag I’ll have regular .5 moa and occasional .25 groups. Pretty excited to play with this." - Lyle W.

IMG_5563.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2021-12-13 17:21:10.345367.jpeg

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
6.5cr = 2660 with 140gr ELDM's
338 Fed = Approx 2550 with 210gr Partitions

I’m getting 2625 out of 147eldm, and 2705 from 140s from my stock cross barrel. Reloads of course and good nodes. I’d imagine a longer barrel will have more velocity. I’m excited about the potential of the cross. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think this goes without saying, but since some people have had "issues"... If you are not comfortable, have the necessary tools or experience, or not familiar with barrel-nut systems then do not try and install the barrel yourself. We recommend taking it to a licensed and experienced gunsmith to have it installed. The barrels are threaded and chambered already, so it really shouldn't cost much to have it done professionally.

Last edited:

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
What are the chances of a run of 16” and 18” options?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are the chances of a run of 16” and 18” options?

Since the vast majority of people are wanting to go longer (20") than factory, I don't plan on stocking any short barrels in really. But we can definitely order one for you. Price would be the same. Just shoot me a PM with what you're wanting and we can go from there.

- Matt

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just a heads up, we have a couple 338 FED barrels in stock and available if anyone is feeling cartridge-adventurous.. (3/11/22 @3pm MST)

Im interested in ordering a barrel, but I have a couple questions regarding the swap.

What tool fits the barrel extension to receiver nut and the barrel nut?

As far as headspacing goes, are you able to just torque the barrel extension into the receiver using the extension to receiver nut and then set headspace like a savage by loosing the barrel nut and tightening the barrel down on a go gage and then tightening the barrel nut?

Looking at the way its designed, it doesnt even look like you need to remove the barrel extension from the receiver. It looks like you could just crack that barrel nut loose and install like a savage.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Im interested in ordering a barrel, but I have a couple questions regarding the swap.

What tool fits the barrel extension to receiver nut and the barrel nut?

As far as headspacing goes, are you able to just torque the barrel extension into the receiver using the extension to receiver nut and then set headspace like a savage by loosing the barrel nut and tightening the barrel down on a go gage and then tightening the barrel nut?

Looking at the way its designed, it doesnt even look like you need to remove the barrel extension from the receiver. It looks like you could just crack that barrel nut loose and install like a savage.

When I had our gunsmith (FisherTandC in the pics on previous posts) he used an AR wrench, and a barrel clamp and action wrench. It's been so long at this point, that I don't remember the exact steps he did for install/headspace. It did seem very similar to how a savage is head spaced though. I'd reach out to him with questions until we can do another install and document the process better. Either way, I always recommend having a trained, licensed gunsmith do the install. - matt