Sig Cross question

SURVEYOR

FNG
Im looking hard at a cross but have never shot one. The only thing that keeps me from buying one today is the short barrels. My concern is about bad muzzle blast for both my preferred cartridge of 308 and my second and only other choice of 6.5. While I do have suppressors I don't have one for each kid to use and sometimes I just don't feel like hauling another piece of gear around. The shortest 308 Ive shot is 20" and it is not terrible unsuppressed. My question is how is the blast from a 16" 308 or from the 18" creedmoor and does it increase alot from say a 20" 308? and is a 308 or creedmoor more or less than the other ?

Thanks

I have shot them And am on the verge of picking up one of my own. They are ”blasty” in 308 and creed due to the short barrels. It’s a bit subjective but I could definitely tell the difference between the 20” cross and a 24” tikka in 6.5 creed, even with hearing protection.

FWIW I am enticed by the cross for myself but also think it is a cool ”youth“ gun option because you can adjust the ergos as the kid grows. I was interested to hear o his podcast yesterday that steve Rinella’s kids (pre teens I think) shoot sig crosses in 6.5 creed with cans. Apparently they like them as they are soft shooting and have low muzzle blast due to the cans. Pretty neat rig for a kid and a much better way to learn rifle shooting than touching off dads 300 WM while all his buddies drank beer and laughed at you.

Get the longer barreled Born and Raised if you are blst sensitive. I think it is a 24 inch barrel Creedmoor. I love mine. It has a 308 barrel right now but will be switching to 6.5 after deer season for NRL Hunter next year.