Simms Sold to Vista Outdoors

Would y'all say these outperform the top Redington waders? Regardless I'll check these out, I'm due for new
yes, in every regard, but the top redingtons are pretty good for the money and can be found on sale with more regularity. i think dryft is the best deal by far right now, they are outliving any of my G3's, fit well like G3's (cut right without looking like MC Hammer pants of yesteryear) and way cheaper.... with the current options, i won't buy anything else than dryft unless i see some rio gallegos on a crazy sale like sierra used to have. any lightweight wader will be cheaper, but they also won't hold up at all for me, so unless you are easy on waders, don't fall for that trick.

a few years ago the pategonia rio gallegos would show up on sierra often, and at that price (think they were just shy of 300$ on sale) they can't be touched, they are one of the best fishing waders at any price, but i have not seen them on that type of sales in a few years

William Joseph used to make a WST wader, they came with an inflatable ring zipped into the top of the waders, and they could be found cheap at the tail end of their production, they didn't breath well compared to some, but i would see them sub 150$ and they were a tough wader too, and with that CO2 inflated ring around the top were pretty genius in design.... if they still made them, i would always have a pair of 2, they held up really well, and i do a lot of secluded canyon fishing by myself, and have taken more than a couple unplanned swims, and liked the idea of the inflatable waders for trips like that... surprised that concept hasn't been copied

another thing to consider, any waders with a seam going up the inside of the waders are going to fail way sooner, if you are doing much walking, they won't hold up at all, and that location is impossible to patch and have the patch last.... any wader companies that have inside leg seams have a terrible design, no thought put into them lasting, so avoid those unless you hate money, or staying dry