Some concerns about what a reputable gunsmith said about my rifle

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
A quick update. I was supposed to go tomorrow to take the rifle but the smith said he had some issues with the bedding and he wants to redo it another time. Apparently it was "full of bubbles" and he wants to fix it.
What do you think?

EdP

WKR
Find another smith for future work. Right now I'd say you are stuck with this one for the bedding. I would want to know what he means by "another time." Bedding is not a long process and you should be first in line for getting work done. He should have it redone in a day or two.

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Find another smith for future work. Right now I'd say you are stuck with this one for the bedding. I would want to know what he means by "another time." Bedding is not a long process and you should be first in line for getting work done. He should have it redone in a day or two.
With "another time" i meant redo it "again", in a couple days he should have finished it. Translation issue i suppose 😂
I didn't expect him to have issues with the bedding since he is so experienced, can also a competent smith get bubbles in the freaking bedding? 🤦😂

Edit: he just told me that he got the bubbles cause he recently changed the kind of resin for bedding and, probably because temperatures here in northern Italy have been a bit unpredictable, the resin "catalyzed" in an unexpected way so he will just scrape off the material and do the bedding again

Last edited:

TaperPin

WKR
With all the second guessing, helicopter parenting, and arm chair quarterbacking I’m pretty sure he will be glad to be done with the rifle. :)

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
With all the second guessing, helicopter parenting, and arm chair quarterbacking I’m pretty sure he will be glad to be done with the rifle. :)
Ahahahah! I have never told him anything disrespectful and just wrote him 2 times: one for defining the work to be done with the rifle, the other to organize the pick up of the rifle, and that's when he told me there was a problem. When he told me there was a problem i just politely asked what was the problem with the my 3 thousands dollar stuff he is workong on!
Again, i learned the hard way to second guess EVERYONE, always. Especially in the gun world.

Last edited:
OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like something goofy happened and instead of sending out a shitty product he wants to fix it. Good on him

I don't care what industry you are in, sometimes shit happens. Fix it and move on, not a big deal
That's true, good on him. I am not familiar with bedding at all so i hope the putcome can still be great!

A quick update. I was supposed to go tomorrow to take the rifle but the smith said he had some issues with the bedding and he wants to redo it another time. Apparently it was "full of bubbles" and he wants to fix it.
What do you think?

I think possibly he hasn't actually done it yet and is buying time. How would you know? Ask him if you can check it out. 😁

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
I think possibly he hasn't actually done it yet and is buying time. How would you know? Ask him if you can check it out. 😁
Possibly 😂 a couple day earlier he texted me saying the rifle was already bedded and he just had to do some little adaptations though