Suppressed 22s

Lawnboi

WKR
Thought I’d update things.

I got the t1x, it’s insanely accurate with crappy cheap ammo. I was shooting clay pigeons at 175yd today and made a lot of single hole-ish groups without even really trying. My friend tried it out and went home and ordered one.

Here it is.
One thing to keep in mind with the t1x is the thread depth on the barrel is around .5”. Some rimfire suppressors don’t get along well with longer thread and require .4” or a spacer. My TBAC just barely fits on as the first baffle has to be a nut hair from the crown.

Mpw20

FNG
I bought the savage ftr as my 22 suppressor host. upgraded to mdt chassis and it’s great. But the mags are unreliable.

NDGuy

WKR
I have a banish 22 can but need a rifle to put it on. I’m going back and forth between the tikka t1x 16” and the Ruger American rimfire 16”. My only 22 rifle right now is a 77/22 that isn’t threaded.

Has anybody put a fan on any of the rifles i mentioned or does anybody have any suggestions or pictures to share? I’d really appreciate it.

Between the 2 rifles im thinking of they both have strong selling points, the Ruger uses 10/22 mags, the tikka can take other tikka accessories so I could set it up like my rifles.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, thanks!!!
Man get the Ruger 10/22 takedown with threaded barrel. Drop it into a Magpul Backpacker stock, endless fun.

SBR Sarge

FNG
One thing to keep in mind with the t1x is the thread depth on the barrel is around .5”. Some rimfire suppressors don’t get along well with longer thread and require .4” or a spacer. My TBAC just barely fits on as the first baffle has to be a nut hair from the crown.
I second this. I saw it a few times when I worked at the LGS. Lately, my co-worker at the PD bought a Savage. Without a can- tack driver. With a can- shotgun patterns.

He brought it to me. I put a spacer on it and the damn thing is amazing now.

I’d have told him it was a crap rifle and bought it from him, but I might need him for backup some day, lol!

My rifle host for a rimfire can is a Savage FV-SR. Incredibly accurate, but rough as, well, you know. The magazines work on mine but it fails to extract every 8-10 shots.

I wish I had bought a Tikka or CZ.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I second this. I saw it a few times when I worked at the LGS. Lately, my co-worker at the PD bought a Savage. Without a can- tack driver. With a can- shotgun patterns.

He brought it to me. I put a spacer on it and the damn thing is amazing now.

I’d have told him it was a crap rifle and bought it from him, but I might need him for backup some day, lol!

My rifle host for a rimfire can is a Savage FV-SR. Incredibly accurate, but rough as, well, you know. The magazines work on mine but it fails to extract every 8-10 shots.

I wish I had bought a Tikka or CZ.
I bought a silencer co spacer while I was waiting for the t1x to arrive. When I got the gun I screwed on the base plate of the silencer to see if threads were sticking out. None were, perfectly flush so no spacer needed.

This rifle has been very accurate with all sorts of cheap stuff that I’ve fed it. With the cci quiet rounds, all I hear is the bullet hitting something.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the spacer but it’s not needed with the banish 22. I’ll keep the spacer around for future use. In a few weeks I’ll be sending my 77/22 out to get cut back to 16” and threaded for the dead air mask 22 I have on the way.

This will be my next one.

1a7bcb7b95d003e95eefda7f04c36a04.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro