Suppressor?

Cubby

WKR
I just picked up a Seekins element in 6.5prc and have a few suppressors in jail at the moment (11 months) so should be getting them soon. My question is I know POI will be different but can I still do load testing now or should I wait till the can gets here to develop a load?

Especially with the scarcity of components given its a 6.5prc I would wait. Depending on the suppressor you will likely see a difference in the load you settle on not only because the weight affecting harmonics but with pressure for a given load. I don’t remember the exact amount but I had to back off my loads for my CM and 223 going from brake to can.

ID_Matt

WKR
I would start shooting it now and getting the barrel broke in. You'll be able to find your jump, fire brass, and get close with your powder charge. When the suppressor comes in, you can just load up a few different powder charges to see which it likes and be good to go.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I would start shooting it now and getting the barrel broke in. You'll be able to find your jump, fire brass, and get close with your powder charge. When the suppressor comes in, you can just load up a few different powder charges to see which it likes and be good to go.
This^^^. If you can get 80 rounds down the barrel before load development that would be ideal. Get all your virgin brass fired to fit the chamber, clean the barrel how you see fit, etc.

OP
C

Cubby

WKR
This is my 4th Seekins and I have 300 brass and all the loading components that I need so I'll be shooting till my can show up. But I will wait to do development
Thanks guys