Swaro NL Imperfections

This has popped up on another thread about some NLs having a donut shaped ring of imperfection 2/3-3/4 of the way towards the edge, with the edges being clear. I'm wondering if other NL owners have seen anything odd in theirs.
I've had my 12x42 for about a year now, purchased used from another member on here. Basically brand new, not a mark on them. Looked like they hadn't been out of the house at all. They weren't registered for warranty, and I haven't registered them either.
Overall I'm extremely pleased with them. Side by side with other premium glass they hold their own and then some. They've proven their value in some really tough glassing conditions over the last year. In total I've spent over 100 hours behind them on a tripod. However, there is definitely a section of the FOV in the bottom right hand corner that isn't as sharp as the rest of the FOV. Initially I though it was my diopter setting, but after playing with it I've determined that it is in the glass itself.
At first glance the difference is imperceptible. On close inspection while on a tripod, it becomes apparent that something isn't right. From 2/3 of the way out until near the edge, encompassing about a thirty degree wedge, is a section with poorer resolution. I'll try to get some photos that show it, but I had a good example this weekend: Glassing above treeline for deer, I was trying to relocate a doe I had seen earlier to see if it was with any other deer. Seeing an out-of-place brown object in the bottom right corner, I thought it could be that deer bedded in the open. Upon moving her to the center, it was plain to see it was a deer. At about 1300 yards I could make out ears/nose etc. Very obvious. I spent ten minutes or so moving her around in the FOV to discover that the previously described section was the only part with poor resolution.

• Is this a common NL thing?
  • Would Swarovski address it?
I still need to try to show it in a picture, and test left vs right barrel to see if it's only one side. But after a year I'm certain that it's an imperfection in the glass.

Mine are flawless on the image, I would say there’s definitely something wrong. I’m sure swaro would address it, just be ready to be without them for 3-4 months.

OP
PathFinder
I had the same thought, and tested it this weekend. While wearing my glasses the imperfection isn't visible. I just barely got new glasses and the prescription is spot on, it seems to clean up the issue completely. It's only in the right side.
It's a little strange because I haven't noticed this in any other optic. But the issue does seem to be with my right eye and not the binoculars. It's a very mild prescription so I'm surprised it made such a difference.
Hopefully PRK will clean it all up next spring.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
PathFinder
Really mild. My left eye is a bit worse but doesn't have the same issue.
I'm not sure why I notice it in the NLs but not in anything else. STS, BTX, Noctovids, Duovids, Meoptas, rifle scopes, nothing. But as soon as I put my glasses on the issue disappears with the NLs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
white flashes in the outside edge of my vision at night.
I’ve had those flashes intermittently myself. Eye doc says my retinas are okay and didn’t seem to worry much about it but did want to know if it came back for a length of time. If you haven’t had your retinas or eye pressure (glaucoma) checked you might want to.

Beendare

WKR
I’ve had those flashes intermittently myself. Eye doc says my retinas are okay and didn’t seem to worry much about it but did want to know if it came back for a length of time. If you haven’t had your retinas or eye pressure (glaucoma) checked you might want to.
I did, good tip.

They say it is little bits floating in the fluid of my eye that hit the retina and cause that.

My 12x42 are flawless through the whole image, I have spent a lot of hours behind them on a tripod and like them more all the time. They are freakishly good glass

If the issue disappears when you wear your corrective glasses it would seem to me its your eyes.
But I’m not an eye Doc. I have a illuminated scope. I get flaring from the dot. I thought it was the scope. I put my glasses on and it turns into a nice crisp dot. If it is a issue with the glass Im sure Swaro will address it.