Swarovski and Vortex warranty and customer service

boom

WKR
where do you mail them for Swavo? out of the country?

i am just GUSHING with love for Leica right now when they fixed my binos from my stupidity. i did go thru the dealer i bought them from..he said he had more horsepower with the company. they came back spotless..i was worried they were gonna remove and destroy my outdoorsman stud..i do think they took it off to suss it out...hopefully they realize hunters use their binos as well.

good luck!!

TheCougar

WKR
Yeah, it was in Rhode Island. I forgot to remove my bino stud because I was in such a hurry to get them out the door

TheCougar

WKR
And I've had nothing but positive experiences with vortex CS. I've always felt that they have stood by their warranty, no questions asked. After the previous posts, I did go straight to my garage and loctite my razor spotting scope screws.

I just sent in a pair of Razor binos from Vortex. I got an email telling me they would ship in 10-15 business days... which is closer to 3 weeks.
I emailed them back not happy with that as I am hunting right now. A response came and said they would get on them right away.

My focus ring broke and lens fogged up.
I got another email today saying they already shipped. Hoping they are a new version of the razor. I also have a Vortex spooter and will not get another one. Mine was a 20-40-60. Gets too dark at 60.

Will be switching to Swary on those

Vortex does do a good job with warranty I feel
But there really is a quality difference in the glass.

I have Vortex scopes and love these. I love the vortex binos, but the spotter just isn't the same field of quality that I need.

rodney482

WKR
No one can compare to Vortex when it comes to warranty. No one!

Not 1 time have I ever felt like.. man if only I had swaros... not 1 time

GKPrice

Banned
No one can compare to Vortex when it comes to warranty. No one!

Not 1 time have I ever felt like.. man if only I had swaros... not 1 time

from what I have read on Rokslide they get lots of practice doing their CS, "practice makes perfect" I suppose

from what I have read on Rokslide they get lots of practice doing their CS, "practice makes perfect" I suppose

Got a good chuckle out of that one. And I fully agree. I've been using Swaro glass (be it scope, spotter, or bino's), now for going on about 10 years but I really have no idea how their warranty or CS works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You see this in other industries. It is sad. They (Swarovski in this case) believe that if you were a sucker to spend 3 times as much on their glass products, then you can afford to be fleeced some more.

I thank the OP for sharing this. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have heard about these issues.

Just want to share my experience with Swarovski and Vortex Customer service and repair.

After another 3 weeks I received them. I was shocked to find them in the same shape I had sent them in. When I say same shape, I mean the same dust and dirt was still on them. They had not even bothered to wash them off or polish them.

I forgot to ask, but did they provide you with the old parts that they allegedly replaced? That is a sure sign as to whether they replaced the parts or not. In my field, I ALWAYS ask for the old parts back.

GKPrice

Banned
Blueduck , you may not be able to see a nickels worth of difference but I can. The Razors I've looked through have all been mediocre. The performance of the Swarovski I own and have used have been superb across the board.

I use Leica Geovids, my personal opinion is that Swarovski glass is marginally to markedly better but I've no complaints at all and I love the the rangefinder in the binoc, I'd never consider not having either the Geovid or Swarovski version no matter what - what I do know is that Swarovski, Leica and Zeiss 10x40 Classics are ridiculously better than any thing Vortex has TO MY EYES

AGPank

WKR
I only had one experience with Vortex customer service. I ordered a straight viper hd spotter. My first spotter. I thought straight was what I wanted.

Within a few uses I realized angle was what I should have ordered. I contacted them and returned it. They swapped me out to an angled model, no questions asked.

They covered my mistake.

I've tried razors and compared against SLCs and preferred the SLC. No direct Swarovski CS experience.

rodney482

WKR
I ran a set of Els for 5 years and when I used them to finance a caribou hunt I picked up a cheap pair of Vortex.

Swaros are awesome but has not having them ever cost me an animal? Nope. I do lots of glassing with my 10x42 razors and 50mm Razor spotter. Both have served me very well.

Not even once? ;)

elkguide

WKR
Swarovski, Leica, Schmidt and Bender are the premier glass. Yes they do cost stupid money but in my opinion, you do get what you pay for. I have used and abused these pieces of glass for over 25 years and after every instance of abuse on my part, each of these companies have repaired their products, promptly and completely. No issues. Will cheaper glass do the job? Absolutely. But for me, that first or last look, is where these pieces of glass shine makes them worth the money.

Now when it comes to repairs, my favorite experience was a friend that I guided with had a pair of Swaro's that literally rode somewhere in his pickup and that includes on the floor. They were beat so badly that there was hardly any finish left on them. One of our hunters stepped on them and kicked them out of the truck and they didn't survive one of those two events. He returned them to Swarovski repair and when they came back, they worked flawlessly but they still looked like they had spent the last five years riding on the floor of a pickup.

GKPrice

Banned
I'm 65, from the time I began buying my own equipment to now I've gone the "cheap ass" route a time or three and FWIW this is my advice no matter if some of you "think" Vortex is the greatest thing since sliced bread or not .... "buy once, cry once" - I drink top shelf when I'm out and I buy top shelf when it's the most reliable equipment I'm after - the best warranty on the planet does no good when you're sitting in camp with a tag in your pocket and 4 days of season left .....

Tex68w

WKR
Let me preface this by stating that I own Schmidt & Bender PM II optics, along with Leupold Mk4/6/8, US Optics, and Steiner Military so I know what it is like to own what are considered/perceived as some of the best optics on the market. While I agree that it is always best to cry once and buy once if your pocket book can handle it when it comes to glass, I don't agree with this Vortex bashing. IMHO, the Vortex Viper line on up is quality glass at a modest price point. Do other manufacturers make great glass for under $1K, sure, Night Force, Bushnell, and Leupold come to mind. Some of you act like a Razor spotting scope or binos are absolute crap and can be bested by numerous other options for under $1K. Again, IMHO, the only thing that is close in quality and clarity within a few hundred dollars of the street price on a Razor spotter is the Leupold Mk4.

Everyone's eyes are different as are their preferences and needs. One scope might have arguably better glass but one might hate the perceived mushy turrets and lack of acceptable/usable reticle options, while the next optic might have fantastic turrets but weighs a ton and has average glass. You can't win them all, but Vortex tries their best to do it at a value price point. They aren't junk, they won't fail at higher rates as similarly priced products, and they have a great customer service and warranty department should you ever need it. We should all strive to continually progress and improve in life and I personally plan to own a Swarovski spotter and binos at some point in the future, but for the time being my Razor HD spotter and binos will serve me well and I am enthusiastic about owning them.

TheCougar

WKR
So I just got my SLCs back after I went full retard and dropped them. Here is my experience:
Called Swaro last Tuesday and spoke to a nice guy who told me that the wait time is 4 weeks, which is typical for this time of the year. He told me that my damage (misaligned tubes after I dropped them) was covered by warranty. For $50, Swaro would move them to the front of the repair list and ship them back to me within 10 days. Since I have more hunts coming up, I opted to pay the $50 and I put them in the mail on Tuesday evening. I paid $35 to ship them priority mail with insurance. Swaro received them last Thursday night/Friday morning. They were in the mail back to me on Monday. I received them Friday morning, 9 days after I put them in the mail. The binos are fixed and all I paid was the $50 expedite charge. The binos were brand new, so there wasn't really any cleaning to do. I'm certainly satisfied. I paid $35 to ship them, and Swaro included rush shipping in the $50 fee for the expedite service. I can't complain at all, considering I am 100% at fault and I opted to use the rush service.