Swarovski EL Range TA

Razrbak

FNG
It looks like windage is not displayed in the bino read out. Ive got a pair of these on order, and no calculated wind holds could be a deal breaker for me. I thought maybe the wind hold was displayed on the app but it appears that the binocular can't range while connected to the app. Any insight on this?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It looks like windage is not displayed in the bino read out. Ive got a pair of these on order, and no calculated wind holds could be a deal breaker for me. I thought maybe the wind hold was displayed on the app but it appears that the binocular can't range while connected to the app. Any insight on this?
I don't have any info on the app yet. Like you, I also have some on order.

The wind holds have yet to be an issue for me with the Zeiss RF binos in a hunting situation. I just tape my generic windholds on my stock.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
b02df57880dcc201230e64dcee0259f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it correct that to use the tracking assistant mapping function with the app (where the site you ranged from and the ranged target can be used in a map) you must have cell service??

Is it correct that to use the tracking assistant mapping function with the app (where the site you ranged from and the ranged target can be used in a map) you must have cell service??

From all the videos I've seen, if you want to have a map in the app, you need cell service.

If you want the rangefinder itself to give you directions, there's no app required.

I received my EL Range TA's yesterday. I've only spent a little time inputing my load data to the APP and then loading to the Bino's.

I sold my HDB-3000, I was never completely happy with them.

Initial reaction to the EL Range TA's is awesome, love them.

Side by side with my Gunwerks G7 BR2 and the ranges match up so I'm thrilled. The HDB-3000's had to many Leica constraints. I can set everything in the EL's to match exactly the BR2

Can't wait to be able to get them out and play with them a bit more.

Conrad

FNG
Good video on the ballistic solver comparison. Thank you.

How far have people been able to push these? Do you think the laser is upgraded over the originals? I’ve gotten over 2000 yds with my old pair in good conditions, but 1400-1700 is more the norm.

Thanks!

So far I've only ranged out to between 1200-1300. But i haven't really tried beyond that, those are just convenient off the back porch. It's snowing right now so I can't do much testing.

In this light, dry snow I'm getting out to 700 pretty consistently but haven't been able to get beyond 700 in the snow.

Jwalks

FNG
I received my EL Range TA's yesterday. I've only spent a little time inputing my load data to the APP and then loading to the Bino's.

I sold my HDB-3000, I was never completely happy with them.

Initial reaction to the EL Range TA's is awesome, love them.

Side by side with my Gunwerks G7 BR2 and the ranges match up so I'm thrilled. The HDB-3000's had to many Leica constraints. I can set everything in the EL's to match exactly the BR2

Can't wait to be able to get them out and play with them a bit more.
How’s the glass compared to the Leica’s? Big difference? Thanks

I haven't had them long enough to get out and really play with them to provide a solid opinion.

I can't explain it, I just never got comfortable with the Leica's. Both very quality products, I just find myself liking the Swarovski better.

I'm in Parker, Co and today it's overcast but bright out and about 3 degrees right now. Ranging off the back porch I can only get a reading, off a house, at around 1,200 yards. But it starts to get hazy and a little bit of snow out at the that range. Not sure if those two things are impacting the ranging or not.

I did set them outside for about 3 hours and they still functioning fine. I had read some posts that the original Ranges didn't function well at low temp. I doubt they had adjusted to a full 3 degree ambient temp, but they were cold.

Once it warms up I'll get to do some more ranging and see what I can learn.