Swarovski EL Range TA

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just an update, i did take our 8x42's out for the weekend and was consistently getting 1400- 1500 yard ranges, and occasionally a 1700 yard range. And that pretty much met my expectations. What i absolutely loved was setting up my rifle profile in the app, transferring it to the binos and seeing the number of clicks needed on the second line of the display when ranging. Very cool.

As far as the battery goes, we just got a pair of 10x's in, so we'll test the ranging distances with the stock battery, then change it out and see if the max range improves. I have a hard time believing that it will make a difference, but that's why we test gear. That's also why, when you call us, you will get our honest opinion based on field experience.

Keep the updates and reviews coming. I plan to buy some of these for next year's sheep hunt. They won't really save me weight (SLC and Kilo 2000), but I think they'll simplify and reduce volume. I also think they will be great when guiding/helping friends and family.

flatfoot

FNG
Just bought a pair of 10x42s last week. There is a software glitch since IOS was updated to 14.5 where you can't load ammunition under the rifle settings. I sent a message and they responded that they were working on it. I also wish on the software side that you could store rifle settings and just switch them out with the 3 on the binocular.

As for the ranging, I haven't taken them out because I'm waiting to see if they fix the software issue quickly. I will say that I used to have a sig kilo which ranged really well and then suddenly stopped ranging at long distance. A battery change there quickly fixed the problem, so S&S' observation is not unreasonable.

What’s the latest on rangefinding distance on these? 1500 pretty much tops?

I get easy, immediate ranging on anything (tree leaves, grass) out to about 1600 yds, and then I'll sometimes have to push the button two or three times to get out to 2000 yds. At that distance the beam is like 7' tall and probably 2' wide? (Swaro lists the beam at 1.2mils tall and shows a sliver shape (https://assets.ctfassets.net/pvkenu...aee86c40719d42/EL_Range_TD_062021_300x319.pdf)

I'm basically ranging down a power line cut from the ground into the air, so if I miss it's going well beyond 2000 yds. If you can range something more solid (a rock/the ground) at these distances, I'd expect you to get easier returns, but it definitely ranges to the distance they say it does.

I know this is an old thread but I'm having trouble with the ballistic data. I have all my stuff imported right and at 500 yards the el range is telling me to dial 2 moa more than what my chart show. I shot what the el said and it was exactly 2 moa high. I have the exact same data imported into the app as what's on my drop chart. Any ideas? Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I'm having trouble with the ballistic data. I have all my stuff imported right and at 500 yards the el range is telling me to dial 2 moa more than what my chart show. I shot what the el said and it was exactly 2 moa high. I have the exact same data imported into the app as what's on my drop chart. Any ideas? Thanks
Is it off anywhere else?

Ok so I went back out and its off on every range for the ballistic output and I rechecked that on the app and re uploaded before I went out. I was reading previous posts and maybe just need a battery change? I bought them from scheels as a demo with no box so I don't have a manual or anything to go on, just what I can read.