Swarovski EL Range TA

TravKatQ, what do you think of them for glassing in general, off a tripod. Are the optics that level quality edge to edge that you could spend a lot of time glassing with them? Thanks.

I just got my new Swaro EL Range TA rangefinding binos today from Epic Outdoors. I have been trying to add the ballistics on three of my rifles to the Swaro EL app so that I can then import that info to my new EL
Range TA binos. However, one of the five questions under “Calibration” in the App asks for asks for my “rifle scope,” but then only gives me the option of entering Swaro rifle scopes. If I don’t select a particular Swaro rifle scope, it won’t let me enter my rifle ballistic data. I shoot leupold rifle scopes on all my rifles. Does anyone know how can I enter my leupold scopes into the app?

There is probably a very simple solution that I missing, likely stemming from my inexperience with ballistic apps.

Thanks.

I just got my new Swaro EL Range TA rangefinding binos today from Epic Outdoors. I have been trying to add the ballistics on three of my rifles to the Swaro EL app so that I can then import that info to my new EL
Range TA binos. However, one of the five questions under “Calibration” in the App asks for asks for my “rifle scope,” but then only gives me the option of entering Swaro rifle scopes. If I don’t select a particular Swaro rifle scope, it won’t let me enter my rifle ballistic data. I shoot leupold rifle scopes on all my rifles. Does anyone know how can I enter my leupold scopes into the app?

There is probably a very simple solution that I missing, likely stemming from my inexperience with ballistic apps.

Thanks.

Pick any scope. Doesn't matter unless you're using a Swarovski scope to get clicks

vanillaman

FNG
Classified Approved
First post but I just got the el range ta a week ago. Coming from a pair of Leica 3200.com. I really like the swaro the only problem I’m having is the range finder capability. I have tested them in multiple different weather conditions (fog rain sunny ) they have a hard time picking up targets and takes multiple ranges to get a read. Where the Leica has been instant 1 range. This is on cows trees at 1200 yards and in. Is anybody else having a similar performance. Kinda iffy if I want to trust theses on a hunt.

Jwalks

FNG
The info coming in on the laser capability of these new el range is shocking to say the least.

Oh boy. I’ve had zero issues with the rangefinder on my Leicas as well as it works flawlessly and always has. I can’t see any need to change unless something crazy comes out. I hope you can get those to work correctly, if not I’m sure Swarovski will make it right as they always have

Only weird thing ive had is what looks like a low battery symbol has popped up under the range when i used them a couple times but it only did it a few times inconsistently and hasnt since. It was super cold when it happened. Could the battery have gotten cold or something maybe? Idk.

I'm not having issues ranging with mine but im gonna assume if others are that swaro would make it right. I just checked again this morning to confirm since some people keep bringing up issues with ranging at distance. Furthest thing i could range from my bedroom this morning was some trees at 1419 yards, it gave the range quickly and multiple times with no trouble.

Im gonna do more testing, i have the 8x pair like robby so i selfishly hope it's just some of the 10x's having problems lol

Conrad

FNG
The info coming in on the laser capability of these new el range is shocking to say the least.

Shocking good, or shockingly bad.....?

What device or yardage is your benchmark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanillaman

FNG
Classified Approved
Shocking good, or shockingly bad.....?

What device or yardage is your benchmark?

Currently have Leica 3200hdb they will range anything first time 2500 being hand held and will easily do 3500 1 to 3 attempts. The swaro el range ta was having problems at 600 to 1000 yds was taking multiple try’s to get a range. I sent them to swaro to check them still waiting to hear anything been 4 weeks.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Currently have Leica 3200hdb they will range anything first time 2500 being hand held and will easily do 3500 1 to 3 attempts. The swaro el range ta was having problems at 600 to 1000 yds was taking multiple try’s to get a range. I sent them to swaro to check them still waiting to hear anything been 4 weeks.
In my testing i was disappointed to find the max non reflective range to be around 1200 yards. I was also disappointed to find that the battery didn't last long. Granted we did have multiple guys testing different setups that required a lot of Bluetooth activity. Since replacing the battery i have noticed that the max non reflective (trees mostly) ranging 1700 plus.. I have no idea if the change it battery was the difference, but i am seeing better performance. And for me 1700 on non reflective seems pretty good and in line with expectations.

Conrad

FNG
That’s what I was afraid of, no better than my 10 yr old model......

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s what I was afraid of, no better than my 10 yr old model......

I would not say that at all. The glass on these EL Range TA's is phenomenal for a range finding bino. And from a tech standpoint they are easy to use yet very powerful. They are definitely my favorite range finding binos when you consider the whole package. I compare them directly with the Leica 3200.com's and find the glass to be only slightly better on the Leica in low light. But the tech on the Swaro's is much easier to use in my opinion. I really like the simplicity of the Swaro App compared to Leica's. The weight difference between the two is only a couple ounces, but the leica's feel really big compared to the EL's. I'll be taking these EL Range TA's on a bear hunt this weekend and I'll have more feedback on the Tracking Assistant in a real world situation.

Conrad

FNG
Sorry, I'm specifically speaking to the laser performance. I agree that they are probably the best civilian bino RF package out there. However, I'm looking to upgrade my laser capabilities for reliable readings for 2000+ yard shooting, and if I Could combine that into my hunting binos to kill 2 birds with one stone, then that would be great. As it stands it would seem I need to go to a stand alone unit for extended shooting and a dedicated hunting unit. Throw in the mix that I prefer a smaller hand held and smaller binos for archery, and there are a lot of optics decisions to be made...

Current optics:
EL Range 10x42
Sig 2400 AB
Leica 1600 (used for archery mostly these days)
EL 8x32
SLC 15x56
Mark 4 12-40 spotter (mostly used for calling shots for friends)

EL 8x32 combined with small RF great for hunting, and the Sig 2400AB displays solution (good enough for hunting). Really, really like these little 8x32's.
Use to run my El Ranges everywhere including PRS matches, but mostly run my 15x56 SLC's for those now, and the 15's will get hauled to the high country soon.

*Maybe* I would get the new TA's for rifle hunting, but not sure I can justify when the 8x32 and small RF combo works well, and I'm looking at picking up a Terrapin-X more than anything.

Not meaning to derail, just adding context.

Sorry, I'm specifically speaking to the laser performance. I agree that they are probably the best civilian bino RF package out there. However, I'm looking to upgrade my laser capabilities for reliable readings for 2000+ yard shooting, and if I Could combine that into my hunting binos to kill 2 birds with one stone, then that would be great.

Seems to me if you’re looking for a rf for 2000 yard shooting none of the sporting models really meet the demand anyway and you’re in vectronix territory. I would have been shocked if swaro came out with a vectonix level laser (especially in a bino) that far ahead of sig and leica.

huntnful

WKR
In my testing i was disappointed to find the max non reflective range to be around 1200 yards. I was also disappointed to find that the battery didn't last long. Granted we did have multiple guys testing different setups that required a lot of Bluetooth activity. Since replacing the battery i have noticed that the max non reflective (trees mostly) ranging 1700 plus.. I have no idea if the change it battery was the difference, but i am seeing better performance. And for me 1700 on non reflective seems pretty good and in line with expectations.
Damn, mine would hardly range past 1000 yards. I basically returned them immediately because I was so disgusted. I didn't think to try a new battery (but why would I change a brand new lithium battery out) lol. If they had better ergonomics I probably would have sent them in for repair or something first. But the bellies on the bottom were a ridiculous feature. Like all the technology was a total after thought lol. I loved the glass though and probably would have still held onto them if they actually ranged 1700 consistently. But for $3500 I didn't feel like dealing with any of those faults and just got a full refund. Maybe they'll nail it in another 10 years with the next version lol