Terralite

Jotis

WKR
Thinking of getting the western mountaineering terralite 25 degree bag for September elk hunts in colorado. Any one use this bag?

NEhunter

WKR
Bought one last year for my September elk hunts. Great bag, warm and very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunky

WKR
I’ve been using it for a couple of years. I like the shoulder room and sleep on my side and it’s easier to roll over in

OP
J

Jotis

WKR
I’ve been using it for a couple of years. I like the shoulder room and sleep on my side and it’s easier to roll over in
I would consider myself an average sleeper. Will this bag get me,to 25 degree?

adieatrick

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my Feathered Friends UL Lark 10 degree bag and it is awesome. I can't believe how light and lofty it is. It has the treated exterior on it as well. When I was researching bags it was between FF and WM. Everything I have found was apples to oranges...and I couldn't be happier. It is probably overkill at 10 degrees for 99% of my situations, but in the event I ever do a later trip I do not want to buy again. This will be my one and done bag for everything. Slightly cheaper than WM, but the quality is spot on. $579 and free shipping.

If you are carrying the bag on your back and Temps are not below 25, this is the bag you want. I owned 2 and they were overkill for my truck camping needs. Make sure you get a good insulated pad and you will be happy.

OP
J

Jotis

WKR
If you are carrying the bag on your back and Temps are not below 25, this is the bag you want. I owned 2 and they were overkill for my truck camping needs. Make sure you get a good insulated pad and you will be happy.
I will be carrying camp on my back, so weight is something to consider

kcormack

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the Terralite 4 years. Been into the single digits temp. wise on several occasions, the generous dimensions of the bag kept it easy to move/rollover in while wearing just a light down jacket. I was comfortable. In the mid 20's a light base layer top has kept me warm for the night. A warm beanie with a high quality pad and you will be good to go with the Terralite.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is the bag I use most often . If it’s warmer I often use it as a quilt . In fact I open it all the way at home and my dog sleeps under it on the bed and it keeps her from trying to get under the covers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phaseolus

WKR
I am thinking about the terralite As well. I m a cold sleeper so I am wondering if the overfill option is a good thing? I might gain 5 degrees with it which would be about right for Colorado until October. Anyone have an opinion about overfill? I really would like the extra space of the Terralite which is why I am considering it over the Alpinlight.

Jbehredt

WKR
I am thinking about the terralite As well. I m a cold sleeper so I am wondering if the overfill option is a good thing? I might gain 5 degrees with it which would be about right for Colorado until October. Anyone have an opinion about overfill? I really would like the extra space of the Terralite which is why I am considering it over the Alpinlight.

Overfilled my wife’s 20 degree ultralite after the first season. She got chilled on a couple nights when I was comfortable in my 15 degree badger. The overfill made her sleep exactly like I did temp wise the following fall. So I’d say the 5 degree gain is exactly right.