Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been discussed
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A militia is raised from the civilian population (the PEOPLE) and the U.S. defines two forms of militia "organized" and "unorganized"...unorganized being every able bodied male between 17-45 with some exceptions....would you agree that no one over 45 should own arms?

Looks like the U.S. Militia is well regulated as it divides into the organized and unorganized and sets exemptions one of them including..."Members of the armed forces, except members who are not on active duty." So this again separates "organized" Militia from the PEOPLE who are part of the unorganized Militia...

Strange they separated the "people" from the "Militia". So you think the Right they were granting was for giving the government the "Right" to form/maintain a Militia? What other right requires as you state "training, drilling, or requirements of service"
The well regulated argument in support of gun control is so ridiculous. A basic understanding of language and sentence structure debunks it. I've found that changing the subject matter helps a small percentage of those unable to understand the phrase. A well balanced healthy breakfast being a necessary start to the day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed. Who has a right to food? A well balanced breakfast or the people? It's THE PEOPLE. Nowhere in that sentence does it even remotely suggest the government should have any power over any aspect of the food anyone chooses to or not to eat.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

The truth of the matter is Democrats in power would happily take as many gun rights as they could get away with, not to protect citizenry but to amass more power for themselves.

Republicans in power dont want the gun debate and threats of 2a rights lost to end because it continues to give them a platform for reliable votes.

We need to stop having this false choice argument and believing that we either take all the guns away or accept school shootings. Governor Abbot could convene his legislature and have legislation drafted today to harden all schools in his state. Why doesnt he? Why doesnt Desantis? Why dont blue states? thats the question. The answer- because school shootings arent about childeren and lives to politicians. They are about power and politics.

The truth of the matter is Democrats in power would happily take as many gun rights as they could get away with, not to protect citizenry but to amass more power for themselves.

Republicans in power dont want the gun debate and threats of 2a rights lost to end because it continues to give them a platform for reliable votes.

We need to stop having this false choice argument and believing that we either take all the guns away or accept school shootings. Governor Abbot could convene his legislature and have legislation drafted today to harden all schools in his state. Why doesnt he? Why doesnt Desantis? Why dont blue states? thats the question. The answer- because school shootings arent about childeren and lives to politicians. They are about power and politics.
You hit the nail on the head. Both sides are globalists working together in unison to transfer wealth and power to themselves and the organizations they represent. People get so sidetracked with Federal level politics, they forget that local and state elections are what most impacts the quality and safety of their communities.

The well regulated argument in support of gun control is so ridiculous. A basic understanding of language and sentence structure debunks it. I've found that changing the subject matter helps a small percentage of those unable to understand the phrase. A well balanced healthy breakfast being a necessary start to the day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed. Who has a right to food? A well balanced breakfast or the people? It's THE PEOPLE. Nowhere in that sentence does it even remotely suggest the government should have any power over any aspect of the food anyone chooses to or not to eat.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Not to mention the Bill of Rights was explicitly written as rights for the citiznens, not rights for the govt. Why would the Bill of rights be about the govt when thats what the constitution is about?

The constitution is about the framework under which the US govt operates and is designed.

The Bill of Rights were specific rights given to the citizens of the US the US govt could not usurp.

This is not rocket science, The govt doesn't possess the freedom of speech or the right to no illegal search and seizure, its the people. Just like the govt rights to provide for a military are explained in the constitution, the people's right to bear arms is enumerated in the Bill of Rights. How that gets twisted is beyond me. It isn't even remotely a logical argument.

Something for consideration: There are those, and I’m among them, who consider the Bill of Rights as not granting anything but formally recognizing “unalienable” rights endowed by their Creator. I know many, perhaps most, people here know this. But I still run into people who don’t.

That’s a philosophy that is personal, dare I say spiritual, and not constrained by legalities. So if you believe in “reasonable” this or “common sense” that when it comes to gun control, you will be confronted and opposed by those who believe certain rights are unalienable and endowed by their Creator.

So until you can walk on water or be killed and rise again, you are going to meet opposition. There it is.
This is technical and has no bearing at all on the current discussionother than to refute your statement, the Bill of Rights is explicitly a human granted set of rights to cutizens of the US and there are plenty of examples where these rights are not portrayed to other humans in other countries (just ask Australia as evidenced in this thread)

To argue that the BOR is a God granted set of rules, you are not only being silly but borderline heretical. The first commandment is expressly anti 1A, and the first commandment IS God’s direct word.

So chew on rhat some and get back with me on how you feel about those God gicen rights in the BOR….

A new timeline. If the officers were not on scene a four minute response time is about average.https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...30724?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

The gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school on Tuesday entered the school building unobstructed, authorities said Thursday.

Contrary to information officials released earlier, the gunman was not confronted by a school police officer before entering Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, state Department of Public Safety South Texas Regional Director Victor Escalon said Thursday.

The gunman walked into the west side of Robb Elementary at 11:40 a.m. Tuesday and started firing. Four minutes later, local and school police followed him inside, Escalon said.

"They hear gunfire, they take rounds, they move back, get cover, and during that time, they approach where the suspect is at," Escalon said.

As soon as the gunman entered, he walked 20 to 30 feet and turned right to walk another 20 feet before turning left and into a classroom, according to Escalon.

“Officers are there, the initial officers, they receive gunfire. They don’t make entry initially because of the gunfire they’re receiving. But we have officers calling for additional resources, everyone that's in the area," Escalon said.

During this time that they're making those calls to bring in help to solve this problem and stop it immediately, they're also evacuating personnel, when I say students, teachers. There's a lot going on."

Reactions: WCB
A new timeline. If the officers were not on scene a four minute response time is about average.https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...30724?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

The gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school on Tuesday entered the school building unobstructed, authorities said Thursday.

Contrary to information officials released earlier, the gunman was not confronted by a school police officer before entering Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, state Department of Public Safety South Texas Regional Director Victor Escalon said Thursday.

The gunman walked into the west side of Robb Elementary at 11:40 a.m. Tuesday and started firing. Four minutes later, local and school police followed him inside, Escalon said.

"They hear gunfire, they take rounds, they move back, get cover, and during that time, they approach where the suspect is at," Escalon said.

As soon as the gunman entered, he walked 20 to 30 feet and turned right to walk another 20 feet before turning left and into a classroom, according to Escalon.

“Officers are there, the initial officers, they receive gunfire. They don’t make entry initially because of the gunfire they’re receiving. But we have officers calling for additional resources, everyone that's in the area," Escalon said.

During this time that they're making those calls to bring in help to solve this problem and stop it immediately, they're also evacuating personnel, when I say students, teachers. There's a lot going on."
Wait they were in the with him but yet let him lock himself in a room with kids ?

The WSJ is reporting that the gunman fired outside the school for 12 minutes before making entry into the school.

^
Ok, and?
There were still a half-dozen armed cops doing zero to prevent the massacre, and assaulting panicked parents as their children were being murdered, though.

The kids were already dead by that point. you seem to want to play heavily on emotion and I get that. But it’s still an active crime scene. You cannot let parents, family members, Joe blow off the street run into an active crime scene.

The BOR's merely reaffirms my God Given Rights.
I dont need the Govt's permission.
God didn't give you any right to own a firearm. He gave you the opportunity for life, the rest of up to free will.

Historical Jesus and what has become a modern-day nationalist, pro-death penalty, anti-immigrant, anti-help-the-poor, pro-gun Republican Jesus are two COMPLETELY different figures.

The kids were already dead by that point. you seem to want to play heavily on emotion and I get that. But it’s still an active crime scene. You cannot let parents, family members, Joe blow off the street run into an active crime scene.
Yeah it’s definitely more important to spend an hour doing that than actually doing anything to stop the crime as it’s occurring.

Some of you John Rambo’s should join your local police force and show them how it is done. Would love to hear more about your experience with these type of situations and the expertise you could bring to these local police departments. Don’t just run your mouth, get out there and make a difference.

Wait they were in the with him but yet let him lock himself in a room with kids ?

Not the way I read it. It sounds like he entered the school unobstructed made his way to the room, commenced killing, probably barricaded or locked the door at some point.

Cops arrive in 4 minutes and move to contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back