The Best Gaiters

I could not find much on Gaiters. I want to upgrade mine. Does anyone have any sweet ones that just love. I almost always hunt in mine.

I like my OR's but I wouldn't early season in them, but I'm betting you like them for snow and busting cover?

Jimbob

WKR
Kenetrek = nice and quiet, stay wet longer, snow sticks to them, top buckle comes undone. Those arte just small things and I really liked mine till they wore out after 6 yrs
Kuiu = top buckle is solid, no snow sticks, shed water, a touch louder than the kenetreks but still fine for archery stalking.

Both great gaiters and I would recommend either but give the edge to kuiu. OR crocs seem awesome but just too loud from handling them in the store.

I use the Kuiu when hunting. I have several pairs of OR Crocs and some old Mountain Hardwear models that are bomber for crampon use stuff. The Kenetrek's are my go-to winter gaiter and super quiet. The buckle system on the Kenetrek's were horrible though and I tore them off and sewed on the strap permanently to the gaiter for now. I only use them with a couple pairs of winter boots, so adjusting them isn't necessary. If noise ever became an issue for me with gaiters, I'd just drop them or take them off and duct tape my pant cuffs on the final stalk and put them back on afterwards for the hike out.

dotman

WKR
I have two sets of OR gaiters.

Early season soft shell I really like the OR Endurance

Late season OR crocs.

I have heard good things about the new First Lite gaiters from someone who has been testing them out. I keep 2 types, short and tall depending on what I am doing. Hunting I will wear the tall ones (Kuiu, Kennetrek, FL), but hiking or ice fishing I'll wear my shorter OR ones.

charvey9

WKR
I love my OR gaiters. Wear them a ton in the spring and upland hunting in the fall. Have taken a beating and keep on going.

kodiakfly

WKR
You couldn't find much on gaiters? LOL. Just messing with you...it gets asked a lot.

But my point is you'll see the same suggestions each time. OR, Kennetrek, Kuiu and occasionally Sitka.

I have a couple pair of OR Crocs and Expedition Crocs. Awesome gear and great warrantee if you ever needed it...and made in USA.

Mike7

WKR
Yeah, OR is the best I have used, and that includes Kuiu (I really like my other Kuiu clothes that I have though).

Summer hiking and the first 3 wks of September hunting = OR Flex-Tex size large for guys with cankles (haven't tried the endurance ones yet).

Backpack hunting October and later where I run the gaiters under my pants for dry feet in constant wet brush and rain = OR Verglas.

Winter snowshoing and upland bird hunting = OR Crocs outside of pants.

cody6510

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't used any of the other brands mentioned here, but have used the ORs quite a bit and like them a lot. Haven't really noticed any noise. One big benefit to me is they seem to dry very quick.

gmajor

WKR
I use kuiu gaiters and am not usually a huge kuiu guy. Very solid gaiters.

OP
Live Montana
Sorry if get asked alot... I hate when guys do that and the thread above covered it. I did a search for best gaiters and not much came up... Now when I search this thread comes up at the top.... Thanks for all the input, sorry about the repeat

A metal buckle snapped on my kuiu gaitors this year, they only have two seasons on them. I really dont use them a lot. Had some kenetreks that lasted like 6 yrs before the Velcro started to wear out. I mangled the metal buckles on them several times and just bent them straight again. They are quieter too.