The "if you were retired today" thread

If I were retired today...

...a little bird just hit my window. I went outside to investigate, found him, and placed his beautiful corpse on an old stump for another animal to enjoy. I noticed the back lawn needs mowed. If I were retired, I'd think to myself "self, you should mow the lawn today, but the dew is still too thick. Why don't you finish up your coffee, check the air pressure in all the tires, and then ease on into it once the dew is burned off."

Instead I'm going to sit my computer and work this stupid job.

(I invite you all to post what you would be doing today if you were retired, but what you're actually doing because you're not.)

Scoot

WKR
If I was retiredd, I'd be packing my bags and leaving for Montana to scout and prep for the upcoming elk season. I'd possibly be gone already if I had drawn a decent antelope tag, then just headed to MT for elk after that. Either way, I wouldn't be home until about Oct. 1st...

In the scenario where I've been retired for a bit and adjusted to retired life:

I'd wake up just before sunrise, have coffee, complete no more than 2 hours of house work, head to the uintas, run for a couple hours, then wander around with my bow if it's hunting season, if not hunting season, wander with my 17hmr and camera and fishing rod.

I am retired....Start the day by running the bird dog (Vizsla) on the mountain....lots of chukars around this year. Shoot the bow at my range on the trip up the mountain with the dog. Mow the lawn. Start packing for the Nunavut caribou hunt...leave on Sunday.

PM will involve taking the Vizsla to the river to do water retrieves at a minimum, but likely include reloading some shotgun ammo for Sporting Clays. Life is good!

Get up, work out, drink some coffee out on the porch, go for a walk, bit more coffee, probably get the boat going and go fishing with the kids, probably knock some project off the list, eat dinner, enjoy the evening however I wanted.

Mix in shooting some arrows with the kids, or some bullets, who knows??

Instead, I'm sitting here working this stupid computer...

260madman

WKR
Forced retirement. Surfing Rokslide.

I was eating breakfast this morning and I heard knocking on the patio door so I looked up. Cat and dog were laying around in the living room and no bird flying into the glass. I stand up and there’s a squirrel standing on his hind legs looking in. He wasn’t going away and really wanted in.

I’m still drinking coffee right now. I’ll get up and start doing therapy shortly for the next couple of hours. I’ll probably be wrecked after doing that. Oh well, could be worse.

bozeman

WKR
wow....life is too short fellas to be in a job you dont like/enjoy. The $$ isn't worth the loss physically/emotionally/mentally............find your calling (diff than a vocation) and use your vocation to fuel your calling........that's where purpose and passion can intersect!

WCB

WKR
If I were retired...I'd be either throwing flies to trout or Scouting for any of my 3 out of state tags. With that said I would probably also have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old hanging off of me while doing it.

Instead, I am at work right now taking a short mental break and surfing the web. When I'm done I will get back to my job. Talking shooting and hunting all day for a "job" is not all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Marble

WKR
I would be hunting Mule deer or antelope in whatever state I had a tag. Prepping for elk. Returning somewhere around Nov.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

vortex

Lil-Rokslider
Elk
Mule deer
Whitetail
Caribou
Moose
Bear
With my kids!!!!!
I cant wait!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ODB

WKR
I’d be planning another trip to Africa…

but I don’t have any intention of retiring, just change the intentions of my efforts

Phaseolus

WKR
Well…since I am retired…yesterday I went for a long hike where I am going to bowhunt for elk. Two days ago my Wife and I came back from four days of camping on the Uncompahgre Plateau. I hiked into an area of Unit 61 that I have never been in before just to explore. I bumped a spike bull who ran off and then returned because I was giving him calf calls. Spikes aren’t very smart. Tonight I’m going to hike Mt Garfield , 2 miles and 2000’ up, to get one final intense leg workout. Before that I’ll mow the lawn and shoot my bow. Life is great.

Fallfreak

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be hunting, planning for hunting trips, workout, drink coffee, fishing planning fishing trips, workout, drink coffee traveling, planning for travel, and spending time with family. Oh and enjoying a cold beer or bourbon on the front porch or back deck. Hope I didn't leave anything out.

It’s funny that you just posted this thread, as today is my 20th year anniversary working for the federal government, and all I can think about is retiring. Unfortunately retirement is 6 years away for me, so I guess I’ll just keep plugging away for now. I’d definitely like to do more fishing and hunting when I retire, but I’d also like to do a bit more traveling and check out some other parts of the world that I haven’t been to yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
If I were retired today I would be in the hills checking cameras and glassing elk, literally anywhere but here.

Instead i'm sitting in front of this computer confined to this life sucking job. Thankfully I've only got about 30 years left till I can retire.