Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

Dobermann

WKR
I lost sleep last night, tossing and turning ... thinking: when the RokStock comes out, will this combo need a new name? What about if the Maven RS1.2 passes the drop test?

It was hard enough coming up with 'Rokslide Super Special' for the T3 6.5 Creed / KRG Bravo / Minox ZP5 with THLR reticle (which I'm possibly the only user of ...)

But all of these new options! What will we do?

OP
sbaker0029
I lost sleep last night, tossing and turning ... thinking: when the RokStock comes out, will this combo need a new name? What about if the Maven RS1.2 passes the drop test?

It was hard enough coming up with 'Rokslide Super Special' for the T3 6.5 Creed / KRG Bravo / Minox ZP5 with THLR reticle (which I'm possibly the only user of ...)

But all of these new options! What will we do?
We're going to have just start naming them like trim levels of vehicles, special codes and whatnot. I guess kind of like a sku or vin code where everything means something.

Need to get something super official to keep it straight, just in case somewhere decides to start selling package deals. Looking at you @Unknown Munitions

Something like this for the original 223 rokslide special (w/unknownMunitions rings of course if ordering a package gun):

223OGmil6xswum20tb
Decoded: Tikka stainless lite 223, Swfa 6x mil in unknownMunitions rings, 20" cut threaded barrel

For yours Dobermann it would be something like: 6.5RSSKBthlrMX18tb (or whatever your barrel length is)

Dobermann

WKR
We're going to have just start naming them like trim levels of vehicles, special codes and whatnot. I guess kind of like a sku or vin code where everything means something.

Need to get something super official to keep it straight, just in case somewhere decides to start selling package deals. Looking at you @Unknown Munitions

Something like this for the original 223 rokslide special (w/unknownMunitions rings of course if ordering a package gun):

223OGmil6xswum20tb
Decoded: Tikka stainless lite 223, Swfa 6x mil in unknownMunitions rings, 20" cut threaded barrel

For yours Dobermann it would be something like: 6.5RSSKBthlrMX18tb (or whatever your barrel length is)
That's awesome ... but too much logic to those names makes my brain hurt. I like the cutesy names. Maybe we can have the pseudo-SKUed name and the everyday handle / cool kid name.

Gettin' to be a lot of combinations though! :)

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_2475.jpeg

Another one…

- 300 wsm Superlite running 205 EHs at 2870 fps and 175 lrx’s at 3125 - both sub-MOA @ 5+ shot group.
- SWFA 3-15x42 with sportsmatch
- Stocky’s stocks carbon accublock
- Cut to 21.5” with brake
- HCA gen 1 mag for long OAL
- bolt stop mod for LA
- weighed at 7lb 10oz

Is anyone glass bedding there’s?

danwolf

FNG
View attachment 634879

Another one…

- 300 wsm Superlite running 205 EHs at 2870 fps and 175 lrx’s at 3125 - both sub-MOA @ 5+ shot group.
- SWFA 3-15x42 with sportsmatch
- Stocky’s stocks carbon accublock
- Cut to 21.5” with brake
- HCA gen 1 mag for long OAL
- bolt stop mod for LA
- weighed at 7lb 10oz

Is anyone glass bedding there’s?

I've freefloated mine, and intend to glass bed soon.

So you had your barrel cut, what thread size was it made? 1/2x28?

My experience is that people who say a level isn’t needed shoot on level ranges. That people’s perception of level gets greatly skewed in broken, steep terrain is easily shown in a few minutes. I watch dozens to hundreds of shooters in mountainous terrain shooting and all of them at some point miss shots due to it.
Are you a level on the rail guy or scope rings, or body of scope?

NSI

WKR
Are you a level on the rail guy or scope rings, or body of scope?
The only incorrect option there is body of scope (sufficient tightness to combat rotation is hard to achieve) but the most repeatable is a rail-mount. Bottom of scope ring is essentially same as rail-mount. With ring caps you need to be careful to make sure your particular mounting instance is square. Small changes in side *gap* will throw you out of level.

-J

Last edited:
The only incorrect option there is body of scope (sufficient tightness to combat rotation is hard to achieve) but the most repeatable is a rail-mount. Bottom of scope ring is essentially same as rail-mount. With ring caps you need to be careful to make sure your particular mounting instance is square. Small changes in side cap will throw you out of level.

-J
Yep that’s exactly why I wasn’t a fan of the scope ring cap style. It was a pain to mount and then even higher to check during shot process.

Boltgun

FNG
c23c582bad1569563503679af8870c60.jpg

Stainless Tikka .223 chopped to 16” and threaded/ Wolfman can/ Stockys VG/ some bottom metal/ SWFA 3-9 on loan from a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oooh, that stainless BM looks real nice!

Sorry, not a real Rokslide Special, but they’re all Tikkas in .223

Blue Lightning, my first Tikka in .223. 1-10, stainless

IMG_2234.jpeg

Varmint Cong, stainless Tikka Varmint

IMG_3410.jpeg

Superlite

IMG_0982.jpeg

They all wear Leupold FX-3 12x40 AO with target turrets.

P

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a Tikka 223 t3x lite on sale from eurooptic for the kids for Christmas. Gonna have it chopped for a can, AB Raptor 8. I see most go to 18”, would going to 16” be problematic or good to go? Or stay with 18” and adapter? Thanks

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
Stupid question is the barrel length measured from the front of the action or the threads inside the receiver? I had a Smith cut 4 inches off T3 X .223 (22.4” barrel) and it now measures 16” and change from the front of the Action to the crown. It doesn’t really matter just curious when comparing velocities to others.