Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

Perfect! Thanks
yea my Tikka t3x lite 24” 6.5CM with an oem stock vertical grip /Bradley cheek piece (+4oz) /airtech pad (+1 oz i think) 4x24 Trijicon Tenmile (+3oz to your scope) sportstach rings and a bubble weighs in at 8lbs 15oz so if you do the math yours should be around 8.5 lbs

yea my Tikka t3x lite 24” 6.5CM with an oem stock vertical grip /Bradley cheek piece (+4oz) /airtech pad (+1 oz i think) 4x24 Trijicon Tenmile (+3oz to your scope) sportstach rings and a bubble weighs in at 8lbs 15oz so if you do the math yours should be around 8.5 lbs
Planning on using a compact tikka, with a 2.5-15 credo. But I’ll probably use an aftermarket barrel.

the compact 223 i just posted with 20z 6x swfa/bubble is 8lbs 5 oz. take away the bradley cheek riser (4oz) and SRS UM hunter rail (2.8 oz) you'd be about 7lbs 14oz.
I have a 30-06 t3 and with a Huron it’s around 7.5 pounds. When I seen the post with the credo on it it didn’t look near as big I’d have imagined so I wondered how the weight was. I have a 3-9 credo too but I’m not sure I’ll keep it. I want something more dial friendly

Any idea what this setup weighs. Looking to do something similar but was gonna use a different scope. But the credo fits well there.
Best I could get on my scale was about 8lb 12oz as it sits with a loaded mag. I haven't weighed it by itself, but the cheek pad seems pretty heavy for what it is.

Ok you RSSers:

223 vs 6.5cm for my first Tikka?

Yes I've read both threads as well as the 6mm and quarter bore threads.

Either one should be a big step down in recoil from what I'm used to.

Which special is most special?

Ok you RSSers:

Honestly 6.5 creed is the new do it all out to 700yds -ish. Depending on hunting style and local laws a 223 would be rifle #2 out to 500yds -ish. Just my 2¢

For GOOD factory ammo (ELDs vs TMKs) options the Creedmoor has more and is often cheaper, but they're close.

Ok you RSSers:

I bought both. Cost me $1345 to have them shipped to my local ffl insured. They have a $75 rebate going on so whether you buy one or ten, get them bought quick!

I just picked up a Tikka T3 in 223. I have some TO84 on the way and today a SWFA 3-9 with be arriving. My gun is a 1-10 twist. What ammo should I be trying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Tikka T3 in 223. I have some TO84 on the way and today a SWFA 3-9 with be arriving. My gun is a 1-10 twist. What ammo should I be trying?

Read this. Plenty of ammo discussion

Read this. Plenty of ammo discussion

Appreciate this. I’ve read a lot of the thread and searched within the thread and had some trouble finding information about a 10 twist.

Back