Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

7C is already full, try 2L or 5B

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Apparently it wasn't or I wouldn't of been offered a job there. 🤣

Don't worry I ain't a Democrat and won't inflate housing prices as I don't have a lot of money. Just a guy out hopping from forest to forest every few years, but I am not moving further west than Idaho from now on.

Last edited:

Finch

WKR
how did you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So dad had an old chopping block for splitting wood in the backward. It was old and the center had rotted and hollowed out. I was swinging the axe and just being mischievous. Well, one good swing and I let the axe go into the hollowed chopping block. The way the axe head it inside, the handle bounced up and hit under my chin. Like anyone else doing work, my tongue was hanging out. The handle hit my chin and I bit completely through my tongue. I ran into the house with blood gushing out of my mouth screaming and wailing. My poor mom was in shock for a good minute. I couldn't imagine!

tttoadman

WKR
I have lived in Molalla, OR for 47 of my 51 years. I have now moved to Apollo Beach, FL for a new job. I really hope I don’t regret it. I miss the mountains already.

My fun fact that people find hilarious:
I have eaten off of the same plastic Marvin Martian plate for the last 30 years. I also generally eat anything out of plastic bowls. All this because I can’t stand the noise of silverware clinking on regular dishes. I have also been known to pull over on the side of the road multiple times if required to find a “rattle” that most people can’t even hear.

Scoot

WKR
I have also been known to pull over on the side of the road multiple times if required to find a “rattle” that most people can’t even hear.
The plastic plate/silverware noise... I can't help you with that. However, rattles in vehicles drive me bonkers too. I've pulled over many times to fix that sort of annoying thing!

bsnedeker

WKR
Currently in Columbia Falls, MT, relocated here a couple of years ago. Spent the previous 20 years moving progressively further and further from Minneapolis, MN where I had moved after college. Grew up in eastern SD.

Fun Fact: I was born on the day that Elvis died and am, more than likely, his reincarnation.

Traveler

WKR
Aurora, CO

FF: I was once one of two people, out of 117, that didn’t draw a LE tag. And I’ve been to 44 of 50 states.

robtattoo

WKR
I have lived in Molalla, OR for 47 of my 51 years. I have now moved to Apollo Beach, FL for a new job. I really hope I don’t regret it. I miss the mountains already.

My fun fact that people find hilarious:
I have eaten off of the same plastic Marvin Martian plate for the last 30 years. I also generally eat anything out of plastic bowls. All this because I can’t stand the noise of silverware clinking on regular dishes. I have also been known to pull over on the side of the road multiple times if required to find a “rattle” that most people can’t even hear.

The plastic plate/silverware noise... I can't help you with that. However, rattles in vehicles drive me bonkers too. I've pulled over many times to fix that sort of annoying thing!

My ol, F-Big-50 would probably kill you guys! I'm more attuned to when a rattle stops these days!

ODB

WKR
Cumberland WI

FF: We have traced our ancestry back to the one who came across on the Mayflower.
Then you are probably related to my wife’s step father. We’ve done the same.
Reside in Moorhead, MN

Fun fact: I shot my first bear in the Bob Marshall, walking up the mountain trail to a vantage point. This bear went down about 25 yds from me, but then got up & charged me. I was able to get another in him before he got to me & this time he stayed down. Was my first real "oh sh$t!" experience in the bush lol...

it’s the dead ones that kill you.

Brendan

WKR
Born and raised in Eastern Massachusetts. Summers on the coast of Maine.

Grew up in a House built in the late 1600's in a town called Marshfield (Very close to where the Mayflower landed in 1620). We lived directly on a river with a history of shipbuilding, including I think the first or one of the first vessels to round cape horn in the 1800's.

e35d23323b40c61969cdb5933d0dc22e.jpg

The christmas carols "Jingle Bells" and "Over the River and Through The Wood" are both written about the current town I live in - Medford, MA.

And, I laugh every time someone from Wisconsin or Michigan refers to themself as an "Easterner" :D

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have also been known to pull over on the side of the road multiple times if required to find a “rattle” that most people can’t even hear.
That's totally normal.........I've been close to driving my truck off a cliff just to make the noise stop. Took me months of frustration to find it, turned out it was the little light frame above the dash on the overhead. It sounded like it was coming from the dash all that time. Well, that light bracket didn't survive when I finally found it. It's been noise free now for almost 30 years since then. I don't tolerate squeaks or rattles......or fluid leaks.

Missoula, MT

And i love horses! Used to show when i was a kid, haven’t thought about horses for about 10 years and now I’m looking to get one this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Currently in Columbia Falls, MT, relocated here a couple of years ago. Spent the previous 20 years moving progressively further and further from Minneapolis, MN where I had moved after college. Grew up in eastern SD.

Fun Fact: I was born on the day that Elvis died and am, more than likely, his reincarnation.
Can you keep your hips from shaking when aiming at a critter!!!!

slowelk

WKR
I split time between Missoula and Dillon MT thanks to being able to work remotely since Covid.

Fun fact - I swam competitively from 5 years old through college, but now I absolutely hate to be wet.

slowelk

WKR
They ask if you are first cousins when you get married in Chouteau County Montana.

And, yes they have had a couple come through that actually didn't know it. A family quarrel and the brothers didn't speak for 50 years. The kids didn't even know their dad had a brother. They were not my wife and I even though I have family in Ft. Benton.

Jeremy

They ask if you're related in any marriage application process in MT. I got married this past summer and this question caught me off guard.