TRT

jorswift

Lil-Rokslider
I read the other thread of TRT, but does anyone do any of the online clinics? The nearest "male" clinic to me is a about 2 hrs away one way. I have a GP that is 5 minutes down the road, but looks like my insurance states I need to have 2 AM TT tests on different days and both need to be under 300 before they cover it. Not sure if my GP would have any insight in the matter. But I too have basically the same symptoms; tired, depresses, no desire, workout 4-5 times a day and almost no results at 39yr old. Thanks.

Titan_Bow

WKR
How much are you guys seeing BP increase? I’ve got high BP but I’m able to keep mid 120’s over mid 80’s with diet and exercise. I don’t want to be on BP medication. My cardiologist told me to not even think about TRT. I’m 48, eat healthy and exercise daily but can’t lose weight, feel tired and depressed most days, etc. I’m pretty sure low t is at least a factor here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I’m 35 and just started TRT today. Was having alot of the same symptoms as OP and decided to get checked. Was 314 in April but pcp wouldn’t treat. Went to low T center last month and was 304, second time it was 364 and had to go back this morning for a 3rd check…272. I’m hopeful it helps with mood regulation and energy levels as those are my biggest symptoms. No matter how I sleep I’m always tired.

I don’t wanna make it sound like I’m trying to game the system, but I have an honest question. Before going in to get your testosterone level check is there things you should do or shouldn’t do.
Such as, stay up too late and eat like shit the day before and it should lower your testosterone level, is eating healthy and getting a hell of a work out in going to make it higher on test day? Does sex influence your testosterone levels a measurable amount?

Sidenote: I came here for gear reviews, classifieds, and the wealth of hunting information and I have learned so much other stuff on the side it’s amazing.😂

Last edited:

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
I have been on it for several years now. Like others have said, you will need to do your own and a lot of research. I fired my first doctor because she was honestly an idiot when it came to TRT, and other things as well.

I started off intramuscular with the 1.5" long needle about as big around as a pencil lead. That was fine until that one day blood shot out about 15" in the air when the needle was pulled. I did a bunch of research and convinced my new doctor to let me try subcutaneous injections. Studies have shown it to be about the same as far as effectiveness goes, but far less painful and less dangerous.

The needle is only 5/8" long and a 25ga. Most of the time it is painless. I use a larger needle to draw up the med, and hold the area of the syringe containing the med in the fatty part of my thumb for a few minutes to warm it, which seems to make it inject easier. I take 50mg twice per week, or about every 4 days. If you choose subcutaneous, inject the med slowly to help prevent cellulitis. I have had minor occurances only twice and it resolved on its own.

I also have to take anastrazole to prevent my body from converting it into estrogen.

Another thing that helped me tremendously is getting a sleep study and using a Bipap. That was a true life changer as far as energy and wanting to be more active in general. I don't know your situation with regards to your quality of sleep, but it's something to consider if needed

My clinic is 100% online, they only cover montana, oregon, idaho, and washington however but there is online clinics for every state. Zero problems whatsoever.

I just picked up a 3 month prescription this morning, needles syringes vials of test and estrogen blocker. $78

Sherman

WKR
Okay bud, everyone else seemed to get it was a joke. If stuff like this offends you so much on the internet, maybe you should get some other things checked at your ‘male clinic’.
You seem to be the one offended, bud. Never said I was. There’s a difference between being offended and calling out a dumbass comment. Learn the difference.

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
67 all natty, last week blood test 888 total. They missed free again so I need to give blood here pretty quick and get both results again.

7/1, before I started carnivore was 490/free was around 6. It would be nice to see a free # over 12.

I picked up a print out of the results and both times they told me my t was 'normal' on the phone...490-888 both normal.
I'd be interested in seeing that blood work Zap if you are willing to share.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
How much are you guys seeing BP increase? I’ve got high BP but I’m able to keep mid 120’s over mid 80’s with diet and exercise. I don’t want to be on BP medication. My cardiologist told me to not even think about TRT. I’m 48, eat healthy and exercise daily but can’t lose weight, feel tired and depressed most days, etc. I’m pretty sure low t is at least a factor here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
130/70 on 120/60 off

Marble

WKR
I read the other thread of TRT, but does anyone do any of the online clinics? The nearest "male" clinic to me is a about 2 hrs away one way. I have a GP that is 5 minutes down the road, but looks like my insurance states I need to have 2 AM TT tests on different days and both need to be under 300 before they cover it. Not sure if my GP would have any insight in the matter. But I too have basically the same symptoms; tired, depresses, no desire, workout 4-5 times a day and almost no results at 39yr old. Thanks.
Once you become a patient at the one 2 hours away, they can probably do tellehealth appointments. It's worth the time and cost to get it right.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

ROKnROAL

FNG
You seem to be the one offended, bud. Never said I was. There’s a difference between being offended and calling out a dumbass comment. Learn the difference.
A joke and a serious comment, might want to learn the difference. Only a dumbass wouldn’t be able to. I’m glad you take this website so seriously that you feel you have to police it. Real internet hero, can I get your autograph?

*zap*

WKR
I'd be interested in seeing that blood work Zap if you are willing to share.

20231006_204245.jpg20231006_204410.jpg

20231006_204649.jpg

20231006_203650.jpg

20231006_203638.jpg

First 3 pictures were 6/27. Last 2 pictures 9/22.
They won't do the free t again till I see the practitioner in 2 weeks, maybe. I was normal so they do not see the reason. I need to talk to her.

Sherman

WKR

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
A joke and a serious comment, might want to learn the difference. Only a dumbass wouldn’t be able to. I’m glad you take this website so seriously that you feel you have to police it. Real internet hero, can I get your autograph?
Health topics aren’t an easy place for humor to be well received.

For the guys asking about clinics, Wittmer Rejuvenation. Dr. Wittmer is a professional and aims to treat symptoms, not the number. All online with virtual meetings. Lab work is done at Labcorp which is usually nearby at a Walgreens.