USA Made

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
how do the fayettechill tops do in the wind?
Just like every other grid fleece. Maybe 6.485% wind blocker.
These are just a low volume insulation mid layer or outer layer on low to no moisture weather days

tak

WKR
I’d like to hear hour thoughts between the two when you arrive and wouldn’t mind seeing a real world picture of the curry

Here's a pic of the curry pullover and green hoodie next to a Valo Peloton 200.

The curry isn't bad, it's a yellow/brown with a little baby diaper diarrhea mixed in for good measure!

The full zip hoodies does for a little looser than the pullover, and it's heavier with the zippers and pockets. The full zip has longer sleeves since there is a thumb hole and I wish the pullover zip T had those sleeves. Otherwise they are both great. I think I'll get more use out of the zip T though, but that's completely personal preference.

328e83f376816b7c542ac20c4de67240.jpg

tak

WKR
The curry isn't quite as bright/yellow as it shows in that pic, but it's a pretty good representation overall.

Last edited:
Those pants look good but the last bullet in the specs is “imported”.
I haven’t done research on Duluth yet, but will as some of their stuff looks intriguing.

Duluth is okayish. I really like their button down shirts. I've found that their jeans are comfortable but the pockets seems to fall apart quickly. The firehose flex pants are very comfortable and look nice until the elastic in them starts to die. My last 2 pairs died fairly quickly. I've phased all my Duluth pants out for Kuiu "everyday" pants and Sitka "everyday" pants. A little more money but the fit and durability is much higher than that of Duluth

hunting1

WKR
Not sure if these guys were mentioned but I visited their store in Bozeman. They make quality stuff.

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
For you forloh experimenters, they now have short sleeve tees. I bought two, a white for work outs and summer river boating fun and camp for a base layer or single outer in hot sept elk woods. Seem quality, like everything else. Sleeves are odd ish. Shorter cut than other tees and wide/baggie. Will be nice for boring or active movement in hot weather, cool air should easily find its way in and also dump heat easily. So far, I’m thinking it’ll be a good purchase that I won’t regret and look forward to hikes and hunts in them during the heat.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any first hand experience on how the Forloh base layer measures up to the more traditional Merino offerings from Kuiu ect..?

The Kuiu sale this weekend on Merino almost had me but if the USA made stuff is comparable then I prefer to buy the Forloh offerings.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any first hand experience on how the Forloh base layer measures up to the more traditional Merino offerings from Kuiu ect..?

The Kuiu sale this weekend on Merino almost had me but if the USA made stuff is comparable then I prefer to buy the Forloh offerings.
Kind of apples and oranges you are comparing wool to a synthetic.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Kind of apples and oranges you are comparing wool to a synthetic.

Dont get me wrong I understand that there are differences, but from the Forloh product description of their base layer

QTE
The most technically advanced cold weather base layer on the market, featuring FORLOH’s flagship warming technology Trizar™, a NASA Certified Space Technology woven in every fiber of this shirt. Trizar™ technology is optimized to capture and re-radiate your body heat, keeping your core body temperature 2.0F warmer. It diffuses moisture caused by sweat to keep the wearer dry and comfortable.
END

So just want to know if anyone has first hand experience on how this would compare to a merino base layer.

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
Anyone found a mid layer they’d recommend? I have the fayettechill fleece that I really like, but would like to pick up one more, a different one to test this fall.
I picked up a duckworth lightweight and am considering their heavy weight, but their mid 275 weight is out of stock. Just looking for other options

Anyone found a mid layer they’d recommend? I have the fayettechill fleece that I really like, but would like to pick up one more, a different one to test this fall.
I picked up a duckworth lightweight and am considering their heavy weight, but their mid 275 weight is out of stock. Just looking for other options
First Spear makes some really nice merino tops in different weights. They are expensive though. Gulch Gear should also have an alpha direct hoodie coming soon too.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Haven't read this whole thread, so maybe this has been mentioned...

XOSkin USA. Some great options, but I especially love their 3.1 Boxers.

jsim12A

FNG
Triple Aught Design (TAD) and Prometheus Design Werx (PDW) are what I would recommend for Made in USA clothing. I am just starting to buy clothing from both brands and both are very good. Also I just learned that Patrick Ma founded both Triple Aught Design and Prometheus Design Werx but left TAD in 2013 and started PDW in 2014. Both have the same foundation of Made in USA clothing and products.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Read this entire thread and only saw them mentioned once, so thought I’d drop the name again. Beyond Clothing makes several made in USA pieces. I have two items from them and absolutely love both. If you catch a sale, the prices aren’t bad.

I’ve got their stretch alpha L5 soft shell and use it all the time. I also have a now-discontinued alpha mid layer that I’d compare to Sitka Ambient, and I absolutely love it.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Multicam wind shirt, made in USA, 7.2oz