USPS Issues?

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
I recently ordered a pack from Marsupial gear and it was shipped off/was scanned in the 13th in Albuquerque. Well here we are on the 24th and it hasn’t been scanned again since then. It’s only coming to southern Oregon and we haven’t had crazy weather in our areas. USPS said it could be 3-4 weeks before I see the package pop back up! Seems a bit unreasonable to me. Anyone else having issues with USPS?

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
FedEx package arrived a few days later than expected from Black Ovis in Utah and I have a USPS package from CA hung up somewhere, it’s a day later than expected now. But doesn’t seem nearly as bad as the period around Christmas.

OP
SheepDogRob

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
It was supposed to be delivered last Thursday. So tomorrow is a week behind and it hasn’t been scanned anywhere. It’s no wonder they’re struggling and FEDEX and UPS are preferred

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
ordered from Black Ovis on the 16th shipped on the 17th was originally to arrive on the 20th last updated on the 21st that it hasn't made it to its next facility yet. I paid for expedited delivery to boot (3-4days)

Had a similar experience. Package coming from in state sat in a processing facility for +11 days for no reason. I asked my local PO what to do and they said launch an inquiry thru the PO website. The package arrived at around 3 weeks and the next day I got a response on the inquiry saying my package had been delivered. Awesome.

SouthPaw

WKR
This happened to me last week with USPS. Went a week between scans. The item showed up 2 weeks after shipping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

North Woods

FNG
Classified Approved
Part of my job is shipping and receiving and I've had the opportunity to work with just about every carrier out there, including the USPS. The USPS is rarely used. When we do use it, it's only because a regulation says we have to use it, not because they provide better/more secure service. I've had plenty of poor experiences with them over the years in my personal life as well. Most of the time they ship my shit to the wrong address entirely. Not even the same damn town....I ordered my nephew a jacket for Christmas this past year on November 14th. It showed up January 25th and had been stuck in PA for the longest time. I don't know how anyone could have thought that the USPS could have handled the ballots this past year with any kind of confidence......what a shi* show.

I had a package from kifaru ship on the 12th I think. Showed up yesterday.

Still waiting to here from a member that he got something. It's been missing for a while within the system. He is in Texas tho, maybe it got splattered on the interstate in one of the pileups.

Lawnboi

WKR
Don’t ship usps if at all possible right now.

Iv got you beat, a priority package scanned at origin facility on the 12th. Shows it left the origin facility and that is it.

Last year I had a package sit at the origin facility for 3 weeks. Company ended up sending another, and I ended up returning the original package when it showed up on the e last day of my lease before moving to my home. 4 weeks after ordering.

Had some bullets I bought off a guy on another forum run so late that he refunded me the money, they showed up and I paid him again. It was like a month.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered an Iphone for my son, visiting for Christmas, around Black Friday.
I did not receive it until after he had left and gone back home in January, about 6 weeks after ordering it.
It spent 5 weeks in a postal facility less than 50 miles from where it was mailed.

I also forwarded a tax document to the other son; it took a full 5 weeks to arrive.

I hate paying big money for UPS (most convenient for me here) but at least the packages arrive in a timely manner.

USPS sucks

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I shipped a pack on 2/13 so it would arrive for a kid’s end of month birthday. Tracking hasn’t updated since 2/19 which says it’s in transit. Wife tried finding it couldn’t contact a human so opened an online service request today.

USPS has mostly been good but has failed badly a couple times lately.

def90

WKR
Everything that goes through the Denver regional hub seems to sit there with a status of “in transit” for at least two weeks. I wouldn’t ship anything USPS right now, they are completely F’d.

OP
SheepDogRob

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
Clearly they’re failing miserably. I don’t buy the excuse of it being weather or Covid related because UPS seems to be kicking their butts between their ears.

Spoonman

WKR
I’m having the same issue. Purchased something on here from a guy and he did his part and gave me the the tracking info. Well it hasn’t moved since the 15th and just says my package will arrive late?!?! USPS is a complete joke. They have miss delivered multiple items, 2 of which I never saw and total over $400 in lost money on my end and they reimburse me for them?!?! They literally drive a jeep and read a address!!

ZDR

WKR
brought a used bow 10 days ago, was shipped next day and is still sitting in Shreveport, LA PO. I'm sure the weather had something to do with it.

I've had nothing but problems from the USelessPS. Numerous packages just sit in limbo especially once they get to the local distribution center which is about 6 miles from my house. Currently waiting on two packages coming from the left coast to me here on the right coast, should've had them yesterday. I will say the carriers are hard workers for the most part.
I pay extra whenever I can to ship UPS because Fedex ground is only marginally better than the postal service in my area.
I thought the USPS problems were only in my area but it looks like it is all over. This started to get worse over the holidays and actually got worse again come January and continues.
Can't say enough good things about UPS, rarely has a package been delayed and when they are it has only been one day, not a week like Fedex nor a month like the USPS.
UPS are Teamsters, conventional "wisdom" says the union guys are lazy, stupid, etc. but UPS comes through EVERY SINGLE TIME for me! Now the USPS are unionized and they give a bad name to union workers in my opinion, just like teachers but I'm getting off track.
Hate to use a broad brush like that and I know there are good workers in those fields but I'm at my wits end. Can not get a lot of things I need locally so I have to buy that stuff online.
For the record I'm a union guy too! ILA member for nearly 38 years now.

Blackcow

WKR
I ordered a quiver the 1st week of December that shipped from Pennsylvania . It left Penn and 4 days later was in Denver. The next day it shipped and in 2 days was scanned in GUAM. Where it sat with no update for 3 WEEKS. When it departed Guam it went not to L.A., or Phx, but back to Denver for almost a week. Then to Casa Grande, then Phx, then up here an hour and a half north. Just short of 5 weeks. My buddy is a mailman in Michigan and whe I told him he said Eh, just be glad you got it, usually stuff that goes to Guam that wasn’t actually supposed to be mailed there just....stays in Guam.