USPS Issues?

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
This is the response I received a half hour ago from Black Ovis
Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate the feedback, and I can tell you that we're renegotiating all of our contracts with both USPS and FedEx due to this past season. We were unfortunately victim to a massive delay with orders during the Holiday's and a near month delay there after of "catch up" that occurred from both carriers that we found to be completely unacceptable.

The unfortunate reality is, the discussions we've had haven't resulted in us maintaining our "Free shipping" in the future if we utilize another service (UPS, Landmark Global, DHL, ETC) but we're seriously considering a change here soon. Trust me, your frustration with the shipping is most definitely our frustration.

This is a canned response from them as I paid for expedited shipping, but they must be getting a lot of heat because they developed a canned response to the shipping delays their customers are experiencing.

My wife ordered stuff for me thru Amazon a week after this order and it came right away via USPS in three days, go figure

WCB

WKR
USPS has been crap for a while now. It has been ran like trash and should be able to make money...kind of weird UPS and FEDEX make money.

FEDEX is absolute trash....had a belt shipped and FEDEX claimed they came to deliver and no one was home...problem is I work from home 3-4 days a week and two or. the days I was home the claimed they came. There is a ZERO percent chance they came as I have two dogs and was working within 20ft of our front door.

Then my wife calls to figure it out and calls them out on it. She asks for them to deliver it and just leave it. FEDEX claims they already made their 3 attempts and they would have to get paid again by the company who shipped the package to try again...WTF? Wife demanded they not charge a company more because FEDEX didn't do their job. Finally talked them into leaving it the FEDEX drop off location which is further from our house than the shipping hub. Absolute joke.

I deal with FEDEX and UPS at my job. UPS is by far the best.

I mail nearly 40,000 pieces a month and am convinced that 45 of every 55 cents spent on postage actually goes towards storage.

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
usps.jpg

tonygry

FNG
The Postal Service's biggest problem is the mail. Americans are not sending enough of it to keep up with the agency's growing expenses. We sent nearly 40 billion fewer pieces of first-class mail, the Postal Service's top profit generator, in 2020 than we did in 2008.for more information visit usps

vortex

Lil-Rokslider
Usps suxxxxxx id never use them again if i didnt have to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jolitaula

FNG
I used to have many issues with USPS before, and I really had some bad moments. Once my USPS kept on showing me that my order will be delivered in 3 days, but the sad part is that it’s been in “transit” for six months. They eventually called me and said that my package was lost. The issue with tracking systems is that most of them are shit, and I’m glad that I can finally use a good one. Since last month I’m a constant user of aliexpress tracking application, and it has changed everything. It is actually the first tracking system that actually works properly.

Last edited:
USPS should be stripped from the U.S. distinction, it's an embarrassment that they are associated with our nation. Dysfunctional Delivery Service comes to mind - DDS.

Yesterday I ordered a package from Amazon, it was delivered the same day, by Amazon, who isn't even specializing in the delivery service.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Remember, the shipper is responsible until the item arrives. If you sell something in the classifieds and it gets lost by usps it’s still on you! I refunded someone 120 bucks last month because the package was damaged and the contents “lost” (stolen of course). 2 boxes of Berger bullets.

wyosteve

WKR
Well, here's my current USPS woe- ordered a few thing from Kuiu during the sale a week ago. Supposed to be delivered July 19 to my P.O. Box here in Cheyenne. Checked the tracking yesterday and the package is in Nashua, New Hampshire!! WTF!!!

Mosby

WKR
My last order from Midway sat in their local post office for weeks. Finally just cancelled the order. Showed up weeks later damaged. Amazon hasn't been doing that great lately either. Have to wonder if fuel prices are driving these issues. Accumulating packages to maximize what goes in the truck and minimizing costs in the process but creating significant delays in shipping.

Cplace

FNG
They definately have problems, but it’s got to be a small percent. Most get resolved, and it seems they had a hard time in the wake of the pandemic with everybody shopping online. I think they are getting a handle on it. I’d hate to have only UPS or FedEx as an option.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I went to the post office yesterday to pick up a package at the counter. The package was absolutely destroyed and strapped back together. I asked them about it and his response was “well it’s heavy so I can understand”…..I responded “so if a package is heavy it’s okay to damage peoples property?”…..the guy was silent and acted like I was the one who was out of line.