Utah 2023 Results

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah. Idaho, Nevada, Iowa, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona and others can all get that “extensive” process done in 1-3 weeks after the deadline.

And never in the history of Utah, well not in the 25 years I’ve been doing it have they published results before charging cards.

Where was that change outlined in the regulations?

Westhunt

FNG
Yeah. Idaho, Nevada, Iowa, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona and others can all get that “extensive” process done in 1-3 weeks after the deadline.

And never in the history of Utah, well not in the 25 years I’ve been doing it have they published results before charging cards.

If you paid attention to the RAC and board meetings the last few years there has been a lot of public requests to push the application period back. That way people could see the reccomended permit numbers before they had to apply. It had been mentioned several times that it would push draw results further back as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR

Been a second since I read the regs but where did it say that charges would hit before the email?

As far as turn around time, this is the best Utah has been in about 10 years. Generally the application period ended 2 months ago and results were barely trickling out.

Westhunt

FNG
Been a second since I read the regs but where did it say that charges would hit before the email?

As far as turn around time, this is the best Utah has been in about 10 years. Generally the application period ended 2 months ago and results were barely trickling out.
The regs have never said whether cards would be hit before or after or at any time in particular. The regs do say that results will be out on May 31.

CorbLand

WKR
The regs have never said whether cards would be hit before or after or at any time in particular. The regs do say that results will be out on May 31.

Yes, I know that. He asked where it was outlined there was a change from cards hit then email to email then cards hit.

I asked him where it ever stated either as in why would they have to spell it out when it’s never been spelled out?

OP
Wyatt.Carter
Idk if the whole delay is on the license vendor or DWR..? It wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit if UT went to the same vendor as NV. In the modern era , we should be able to QA/QC all applications and results in 7-10 days.

Westhunt

FNG
Idk if the whole delay is on the license vendor or DWR..? It wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit if UT went to the same vendor as NV. In the modern era , we should be able to QA/QC all applications and results in 7-10 days.
I don't know what vendor NV uses to run their draw. But UT uses a vendor out of NV to run their draw, so I would assume it's the same vendor.

npm352

WKR

Yeah, but Idaho told over a dozen NR they had ram tags when they didn't not too long ago.

I wouldn't include them on the list for accurate results....they are in same boat as Montana for incompetence.

Timely? Yes, usually. Accurate? No.

I'd rather have them later rather than thinking I drew a tag only to get the "oops, sorry," email.

CorbLand

WKR
If I remember correctly, multiple states/entities use the same company that Utah uses. It also has to do with when the company can get them into the process.

OP
Wyatt.Carter
I don't know what vendor NV uses to run their draw. But UT uses a vendor out of NV to run their draw, so I would assume it's the same vendor.

NV uses a company called Kalkomey. I believe they are based out of Texas. I believe they switched to them around 2017 or so?

OP
Wyatt.Carter
NV has set the bar relatively high for these other states when it comes to running the draw. Their system is easy to use, they haven’t had any errors in running the draw that I’m aware of, and they are kind enough to not keep their customers waiting on results.

UT on the other hand, is satisfied with the “status quo” basing their performance on draws run in the early 2000’s. The whole “later application period, later results” is mind numbing to me. I understand needing some time to ensure an accurate draw process, but there’s no excuse for needing 4x the time others states need to run the draw.

CorbLand

WKR
NV has set the bar relatively high for these other states when it comes to running the draw. Their system is easy to use, they haven’t had any errors in running the draw that I’m aware of, and they are kind enough to not keep their customers waiting on results.

UT on the other hand, is satisfied with the “status quo” basing their performance on draws run in the early 2000’s. The whole “later application period, later results” is mind numbing to me. I understand needing some time to ensure an accurate draw process, but there’s no excuse for needing 4x the time others states need to run the draw.
It use to take them double that.

Not saying I like it but compared to the status quo, Utah has made some pretty big leaps.

The UT application system was about as easy as it gets. They screwed that up this year with the new group application process.

Hoping Utah releases the LE elk draw results this week. This will impact whether I put in for the Wyoming deer draw this year.

Yeah, but Idaho told over a dozen NR they had ram tags when they didn't not too long ago.

I wouldn't include them on the list for accurate results....they are in same boat as Montana for incompetence.

Timely? Yes, usually. Accurate? No.

I'd rather have them later rather than thinking I drew a tag only to get the "oops, sorry," email.

And Idaho does half of their draws(OIL) in one app period and half in the other(deer/elk/antelope), they also have no points. To me Idaho has the simplest draw out there. It should take them a week minimum whereas it usually takes at least 3 weeks. They released results on the 19th this year and everybody praised them, meanwhile Nevada, running a much more complicated process, had an application deadline 10 days later and released results the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk