Utah draw results

jmav58

WKR
Last year was May 9th. So first 10-14 days of May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NV HUNTER

WKR
I hunt Utah and Nevada , and it has alway stumped me as to why they can not get results out sooner. Archery get very little time to prepare.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They want to be as close as they can be for tag allocation based on herd numbers and aerial surveys. Wyoming is moving to May in 2020 I believe as well.
Really because the board doesn't use the recommendations from the bio's just the rack chairs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can go to the meeting and comment or watch it live on YouTube. Go back and watch last year's meeting every time it was recommend to raise tag numbers that regional rack chair objected and the board voted tabled until next year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
RAC (regional advisory committee) can only recommend. They have no actual power. Just give advice to the wildlife board.

Not trying to split hairs but the wildlife board is where the real power is. The RAC is just a way to get local feedback from the general public. The wildlife board listens to the biologists somewhat, but the ranchers have the power in Utah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
RAC (regional advisory committee) can only recommend. They have no actual power. Just give advice to the wildlife board.

Not trying to split hairs but the wildlife board is where the real power is. The RAC is just a way to get local feedback from the general public. The wildlife board listens to the biologists somewhat, but the ranchers have the power in Utah.

I was taking about the wildlife and rac chairs. We definitely have a political system running biological game management in Utah. The reason they wait until April to set tag numbers is simple convenience. Have a early application session and collect the money then wait and see to tags numbers after wards when everyone is already locked in thier draw choices.

Last edited:

Your last sentence is spot on.

OP
Blackdirt Cowboy

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Well, dang. This is unfortunate news. I’m a bit impatient. Lol. I guess nothing to do but wait.

sneaky

"DADDY"

SFW has the power in Utah. Watch the online videos how the wildlife and RAC boards interact with the SFW representatives, and everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brough808

FNG
I always seem to be one of the last people to see my card get hit here in Utah, and I wonder if it has anything to do with who you bank with? My friends who use America first seem to have their cards hit before my Wells Fargo account gets hit. Anyone else see this too?

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I always seem to be one of the last people to see my card get hit here in Utah, and I wonder if it has anything to do with who you bank with? My friends who use America first seem to have their cards hit before my Wells Fargo account gets hit. Anyone else see this too?

Yes, the processing of cards is different for each bank. The card I use is always one of the last to show pending charges.

Results are just about a month away.

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Last year my card got hit for LE Elk on May 9th (kids first elk tag)