Votes: 159 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 163 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Disregarding the fact that the person you're replying to here made a solid point about weapons not being allowed on aircraft, and disregarding the fact that not everyone who is at high risk is obese (plenty of old, sick, or immunocompromised people didn't put themselves in that position on purpose), how do you feel about speed limits? It seems to me that by your logic if I want to risk my life by driving 100 mph through a neighborhood I should be able to, and people should be responsible for their own safety so they should just watch where they're walking.

I’m sorry I exposed you to the horrors of a differing opinion. Go back and read what I’ve been saying from the start: if you want to get the vaccine, get it. Then I can’t get you sick and if something and happens to me it’s on me.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m a nurse so I know more about this than you do and have thousands of more data points than you. Most people that have pre-existing conditions have little control over their health. I see this all the time. People get dealt a shitty genetic hand. I’ve seen many young athletic people die that never drank, smoked, or ate a Big Mac. But keeping swilling your Mtn Ops and eating clean and working out if it makes you sleep better at night.

The people you are referencing should get the vaccine if they feel like it will keep them safe. Also, my wife, sister and mother are nurses so while you probably know more than me, I’m still not impressed with your petty insults.

People should feel free to get the vaccine if they feel they need it.

Also, if you’d actually read what I’ve been saying, I have not been speaking for anybody other than myself. I will not be rushing out to get the vaccine until it’s been out awhile. If others want to get it, that’s their choice.

I heard someone (elected official but can't remember who) say the next round of stimulus checks should be tied to the vaccine. IOW, pay people to go get vaccinated. Made perfect sense to me once he explained it. The quicker people get vaccinated and get those checks, the sooner we'll be out of this mess both from a community health and economics standpoint. It would serve two purposes at the same time.

I’m sorry I exposed you to the horrors of a differing opinion. Go back and read what I’ve been saying from the start: if you want to get the vaccine, get it. Then I can’t get you sick and if something and happens to me it’s on me.
Not sure why you think I was horrified to read a differing opinion, I'm not bothered at all. This whole thread literally exists for all of us who clicked on Option A to disagree with everyone who clicked Option B. Maybe you're misreading my tone, or maybe you're projecting. Either way I wasn't referring about your original position, I was referring specifically to the comment that I quoted in my response.

I heard someone (elected official but can't remember who) say the next round of stimulus checks should be tied to the vaccine. IOW, pay people to go get vaccinated. Made perfect sense to me once he explained it. The quicker people get vaccinated and get those checks, the sooner we'll be out of this mess both from a community health and economics standpoint. It would serve two purposes at the same time.
What about those of us who didn't get stimulus checks the first time how are they going to force us to take it?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Do you consider yourself pro-American and patriotic? I'm curious.

I consider my self pro choice. If you want to get a vaccine please do. If you want to lock yourself up in your home for 3 months....please do. If you want to let your health go to shit, that’s on you.

You still havn’t answered my question though: if you are vaccinated and your family is vaccinated and safe, what does it matter to you what I do???

All I have been saying this entire time is I don’t want to be the test pilot for a brand new unproven vaccine, amazing that so many people are horrified by that opinion.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not sure why you think I was horrified to read a differing opinion, I'm not bothered at all. This whole thread literally exists for all of us who clicked on Option A to disagree with everyone who clicked Option B. Maybe you're misreading my tone, or maybe you're projecting. Either way I wasn't referring about your original position, I was referring specifically to the comment that I quoted in my response.

I stopped reading your question when you started talking about speed limits and referencing the whole weapons on a plane thing.

7Bartman

WKR
Maybe a class or two....

I should have stated it more plainly. The entire premise of 90% effectiveness, etc. is so full of holes.

Since the test does not involve subjecting the applicants to Covid, the procedure is to take a "control group" (no vaccine), and a vaccinated group. Turn them loose and then see, after X period of time, home many are positive.

How do you control that loose of an experiment? You don't. Period. You have no control over who was exposed, who was not, natural antibodies, etc., etc.

While I sincerely hope a reliable vaccine is one day available, creating mass hysteria over a "90+% effective" vaccine, given these test procedures is ludicrous.
That's why we have randomization. Randomization should take care of this and it usually does. We have post-hoc analysis in every randomized study to check whether the randomization was balanced on many covariates, age, race, sex, comorbidities, etc...
The 90% effectiveness figures are exactly how the numbers are pre-specified. This isn't smoke and mirrors, you check how many people in each group got COVID. This was the primary endpoint that the study was statistically powered around. Look into p-values and powering if you want to know more. We have a confidence interval surrounding that number, but these vaccine studies were large (~ 30k).
Based on that number we have a good handle on what the adverse event rates were. What we are still not powered to see are the extremely rare adverse events (e.g. 1/10k or more). Sometimes these can be very serious and enough to stop the development of a vaccine. For those of you naysayers who'll point to that and say look "see we don't know it is safe", this is same standard for many drugs/vaccines that have been approved in this country. I personally don't worry about getting hit by lightning every time I go out the door.

I consider my self pro choice. If you want to get a vaccine please do. If you want to lock yourself up in your home for 3 months....please do. If you want to let your health go to shit, that’s on you.

You still havn’t answered my question though: if you are vaccinated and your family is vaccinated and safe, what does it matter to you what I do???

All I have been saying this entire time is I don’t want to be the test pilot for a brand new unproven vaccine, amazing that so many people are horrified by that opinion.
It matters to me what you do because all the unvaccinated sheep will still cause hospitals to overflow with patients. When hospital capacity is maxed out, every patient suffers, even those that don’t have covid. The biggest impetus for mask mandates in the first place had everything to do with trying to maintain safe healthcare worker to patient ratios. That’s it! Nothing more!

valid question. The only people I know who didn't get their stimulus checks the 1st time, didn't file their tax returns correctly though...
My taxes were filed correctly our AGI was over the threshold to get one, I know many others in the same boat. If this vaccine is perfectly safe why would they hold peoples money ransom for them to take it though?????

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It matters to me what you do because all the unvaccinated sheep will still cause hospitals to overflow with patients. When hospital capacity is maxed out, every patient suffers, even those that don’t have covid. The biggest impetus for mask mandates in the first place had everything to do with trying to maintain safe healthcare worker to patient ratios. That’s it! Nothing more!
So if people don't rush out to get injected with a new, untested vaccine they are sheep huh??? I think we're done here.

So are you claiming that everyone getting sick didn't wear a mask?

I stopped reading your question when you started talking about speed limits and referencing the whole weapons on a plane thing.

I was referencing weapons on a plane because someone rebutted your point with that and you completely ignored it. Now I realize its because you're claiming not to read people's comments but replying anyway, which doesn't seem like the actions of someone arguing in good faith. Since you stopped reading my question on the last point I made (speed limits) I can't help but think you read my question, and are choosing not to answer it. Just like you're not answering my question about why you think I'm horrified that you disagree with me.

I'm trying to have an actual, good faith discussion with people I disagree with online (how foolish of me), if we're not able to do that, I'll leave you alone and I apologize for replying to you in the first place.

jspradley

WKR
True but there also hasn't been any completed studies on those people either. Like most said in the thread, nobody knows for sure but the science and data is concerning enough.

There has been enough noise about people with breathing issues, fatigue, loss of olfactory senses etc for months after being sick to not ignore it.

Yup, my mom got the rona in May and still has respiratory issues, BP spikes and drops and general weakness, my aunt was in the hospital for a week around the same time and still has to use a nebulizer from time to time.

My wife knows a lady who got sick months and and still her sense of taste is completely jacked, she basically has 2 taste responses- nothing at all and the things she can taste are like a burnt chemically taste. It seems that some of the taste issues are neurological and who knows what the long term effects will be...

There's been studies showing people who report know symptoms at all later show mild lung damage, again who knows what that will mean long term.

The messaging that you're either fine or dead and no real public messaging on the details for the in between will go down in history as a collossal failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.