Vista selling all its Ammo companies to foreign entities

Wrench

WKR
It's interesting that Avista couldn't sell It's dams to Canada but an arms giant can sell to the Czechs.

Smells fishy.

sndmn11

WKR
I don't have time.to check right now, but I'm pretty sure they announced a fracturing of vista into revelyst last week. There was suspicion that the entities not listed as belonging with the new conglomerate were being sold off.

OP
wind gypsy
I don't have time.to check right now, but I'm pretty sure they announced a fracturing of vista into revelyst last week. There was suspicion that the entities not listed as belonging with the new conglomerate were being sold off.
That is what happened from my understanding.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just pissed beyond belief at the constant stupid of Americans.

We would sell rights to our drinking water as long as well we'd make a buck.

Boy do I have a podcast for you. Other countries buying up land in the desert to tap into ancient aquifers that don’t replenish.

I’d be surprised if they moved the manufacturing out of country when they are already established here.

I've seen other companies do it. Was laid off because of it once. I guess I'd expect federal contracts to still be satisfied here, and other stuff to slowly bleed that way.

I would also be concerned if we got into a sanctions type situation where foreign owned assets were frozen or seized by the US govt.

OP
wind gypsy
I would also be concerned if we got into a sanctions type situation where foreign owned assets were frozen or seized by the US govt.

And the new ownership group likely would be too. Which jives with your thought about non gov fulfillment orders shifting. I know we've got some contributors here that I assumed work at Federal.. wonder what their thoughts are.

Fook Vista.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
I’d be surprised if they moved the manufacturing out of country when they are already established here.
Where is it cheaper to manufacture? That will be your answer.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
So I just looked them up and CSG owns Fiochi but now will also own Remington Ammo, Federal and CCI.

Cheaper manufacturing is going to be key decision point. In addition, its pretty easy for the feds to shift language in an executive order from "impoted" to "foreign owned" or "non-US based".

Great. Just great.

I won’t mention here because it will open can of worms - but my fav hunting gear company “joined-up” last year with them.

Ugh

What’s that mean for them now !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk