Vista selling all its Ammo companies to foreign entities

Yoder

WKR
Anyone concerned that China owns most of our pork production? I learned unarmed, fat people almost destroyed America with an "insurrection". What do we need guns for? I think it works like capture the flag. If you occupy the Capital, you get to run the government.

My spider sense is telling me that between Ukraine and the Middle East, the ammo supply could get pinched for a while.

on the sale, it is very hard to find US investor or investment firm (that can cut a +$1 billion check) that is willing to invest in anything connected to firearms - guns, ammo, accessories, etc. - especially if there is a tactical angle. Headline risk. No rich person/CEO wants the headline to read that their gun/ammo/gadget was involved in something horrible. Mildly ironic and hypocritical because these are the same people that tend to have a lot of private, well-armed security.

WCB

WKR
Doesn't most of the powder come from foreign sources? And the primers too?

Maybe (not likely) overseas production of ammo will be cheaper than importing half the components. Quality will most likely suffer.
Powders...basically Hodgdon own the importing market on that. Primers...no Federal, Remington, Winchester, CCI are the biggest producers of primers for civilian ammo. All made in the U.S. Cheddite would be the largest component manufacture/importer I believe for shotgun hulls and primers used by smaller ammo manufactures

The 4 companies I listed above make probably 99%+ of all there own components in house from raw materials...they aren't importing them.