What do you do on draw?

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a pretty good shot at drawing a general tag due to amount of points in one state. And have been trying to draw a random state such as NM. Do you go ahead and enter both states? No way I could manage the time for both and entry and draw dates overlap. Just wondering what others do.

Jaquomo

WKR
In Colorado you can turn in your tag, if that's one of the ones you are considering.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
It happened to me this year for the first time. Gonna be a crazy September but no way was I going to pass on the opportunity. Work will just have to survive without me.

Marble

WKR
If u turn tag back in and ypu burn 5 points to get it will you get your points back +1?
I don't think so.

I got points back in WY before because of medical issues, but it took a little ground work.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Elkangle

WKR
Most draws are pretty random, it's hard to explain but you need to apply accordingly as the year goes on and then have back up plans when you are Un able to draw in
Wyoming.. so in each state find high, mid, low, and 0 point draw units you are interested in...once you get your 1st tag that fills your vacation swap all your applications to the nearly impossible draw type tags...or the opposite...if you don't draw, figure out states you can "force" a tag in

Most states you can return tags but in new Mexico with no points and short seasons I'd think you could squeeze it in...you may have to ditch the weapon of your preference but at least your hunting

hope this helps

DanimalW

WKR
Yes, as long is its surrendered by a certain date right after the first draw. I'm sure someone will chime in on this.
I believe you return to your previous point level, but I don’t think you’re able to collect an additional point for the year you return your tag. In other words, you keep the points you went in with, but are unable to gain an additional point if you return the tag. That’s the way I understood it as I looked into it for this year myself.

I apply for multiple and let the chips fall where they may. Then I divvy up the time according to which hunt I deem better. I can say without hesitation if I draw NM, all other hunts are secondary.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I believe you return to your previous point level, but I don’t think you’re able to collect an additional point for the year you return your tag. In other words, you keep the points you went in with, but are unable to gain an additional point if you return the tag. That’s the way I understood it as I looked into it for this year myself.
I think u are correct.
In my situation, i applied for a point first choice and then drew my 2nd choice. I surrendered the tag AND got my point.
However if u draw your first choice, you're right, you do not gain an additional point if the tag is surrendered