What do you use for a Bino Harness?

fwafwow

WKR
Way late to this thread, but +1 for the Marsupial (medium for my 8x42 Tracts and RF pouch). As others have said, the side mesh pockets are perfect for chapstick, wind checker and a small flashlight, and the back pocket for my phone. Front pocket is pretty tight, but keep my license and maybe an extra round or two in there. Used it for elk (had the RY but didn't for some reason ever reach for that setup). I keep the bino objective lens covers on inside the pouch so I don't worry so much about stuff getting in the pouch.

I've never had an issue with the magnets making noise, as I usually open and leave it open.

Do be careful with any magnets if you have a compass. We had one for backup and our onX didn't work when we were trying to get back to our truck in the dark, but my buddy's compass was screwed up from his bino harness magnet. Luckily I had a backup compass in my pants pocket.

I use an AGC cub harness. I like how it has the pouch of tags in the back, side pockets for a lens wipe and small headlamp. I keep my pocket knife in the lid bungies to prevent bushes from pick-pocketing it. It is a pain in the ass to go prone with it. The webbing makes it comfortable to wear all day.

I personally love my AGC cub as well. It fits well and has plenty of room for storage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys that use the AGC stuff have any complaints about it hanging on climbing sticks when going up a tree? I’m on the fence about buying an upgrade for my Vortex harness, but I don’t want to get too bulky.

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm mainly a whitetail, bear and turkey hunter here in PA and MD and I am considering purchasing one of these newer type of bino harnesses that is basically a pouch for your binos. The reason I was considering one is because it could possibly lighten my load and allow me to carry a smaller pack or no pack at all in early season.

I wanted to get a feel to see if anyone else uses these for whitetail hunting. So let me know what you all use?

Thanks!
I just got the Kuiu, and like others, wasn’t impressed. I think I’ll keep it and try it for a full season, but it’s kind of vanilla, and a couple of the features don’t make sense. Like there’s 2 side mesh pouches that are extremely tight, meaning I think I could slide my drivers license and a 1 page map, but that’s it. I like kuiu gear, mostly their down stuff, and their accessories, but pretty disappointed with the Guide harness. FHF makes one that I’m going to get if i just can’t stand this one.

El Ruso

FNG
I use Badlands. If you are concerned with protecting your optic I recommend a fully encapsulated harness. Thus it will protect the optic from dirt, water and debris. I used to run a cheaper not fully enclosed case but my binos were subject to the elements. An “open” case is fast and easy but you loose protection. If you do a lot of walking through mixed environments I highly recommend a fully encased system.

I just got the Kuiu, and like others, wasn’t impressed. I think I’ll keep it and try it for a full season, but it’s kind of vanilla, and a couple of the features don’t make sense. Like there’s 2 side mesh pouches that are extremely tight, meaning I think I could slide my drivers license and a 1 page map, but that’s it. I like kuiu gear, mostly their down stuff, and their accessories, but pretty disappointed with the Guide harness. FHF makes one that I’m going to get if i just can’t stand this one.

I actually really like my kuiu harness. It's not the Pro version. The mesh pockets on the sides are tight but I keep my windchecker bottle in one side year round to stretch it out. Since doing that, it's much more usable. It's very slim and minimalistic (which is in kuiu's nature). I also like that it comes with the extra strap to run your binos without the actual harness "bag".

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I actually really like my kuiu harness. It's not the Pro version. The mesh pockets on the sides are tight but I keep my windchecker bottle in one side year round to stretch it out. Since doing that, it's much more usable. It's very slim and minimalistic (which is in kuiu's nature). I also like that it comes with the extra strap to run your binos without the actual harness "bag".
Yeah, all good points. I thought the newer Pro would come with shims, did yours? I need to do what you did with the wind checker bottle. And you’re right about it being minimalist, that’s a big plus for this harness, as many mtn hunters need that style (or so it seems).

bmelton22

FNG
Alaskan Guide is the BEST I've ever used for sure. I carry my 10x ranging geovids and it's tight but they fit.

Werner

FNG
I currently have a badlands but am looking at the FHF. The badlands is a little on the heavy side for me and would prefer something with a little less structure. I'd also like to hold a muley freak harness and check them out.

TSimons9

FNG
I'm mainly a whitetail, bear and turkey hunter here in PA and MD and I am considering purchasing one of these newer type of bino harnesses that is basically a pouch for your binos. The reason I was considering one is because it could possibly lighten my load and allow me to carry a smaller pack or no pack at all in early season.

I wanted to get a feel to see if anyone else uses these for whitetail hunting. So let me know what you all use?

Thanks!
I've had really good luck with my Alaska Guide Creations. It holds my 12x50's really well and keeps them completely covered while breaking brush. Plus the extra pockets on the side and the back are great for holding other essentials.

KW03

FNG
I use the FHF Bino harness for all my hunting. I’m t works great for thick woods that I hunt whitetail and out west for Mule Deer and Elk