What do you with your pack on a stalk?

What do you guys do with your pack if you end up belly crawling? Of the two I shot...on one I stood it up on my tripod and left it, the other was only a few hundred yards from the road so I came back for it. Seems like frame pack would stick up too high and be too obvious.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot half a dozen antelope over the last fifteen years and never took my pack off on a stalk, IDK. I wear a Stone Glacier and it's never that heavy or awkward on an antelope type of hunt. You'd be surprised with what you can get away with on an antelope stalk (although I'm a rifle hunter).

Yep. Dropped my pack once to haul azz to try to cut off a bull. Didn’t make the cut off. Hiked back and forth a few times to relocate it.

Rich M

WKR
I didn't hunt antelope with a pack - no need IMO. Was always within a mile or two of the vehicle.

I saw guys with huge packs trying to sneak on antelope while their buddies circled that piece of public in the truck - couple hundred yards away. LOL! Read too many stories and articles I guess.

Sadly I have not stalked an antelope. When I do leave my pack or other gear to try and put a sneak on an animal I will hang my orange aglow pack panel or a small lightweight silk/nylon orange scarf signal panel in a tree or bush above my gear. Gps coordinates are great but a visual cue is better.

Sled

WKR
a few years ago there was a guy in utah on a LE elk hunt that dropped his pack near dark and it turned into quite the story. didn't sound fun to me so i haven't done it since.

I left my pack behind a couple of times my first year hunting out west and would end up waisting a bunch of time going back to look for it so now it rarely leaves my side