What does everyone do for a living?

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
Sadly, I'm a commercial banker. You know, the kind that you love 'em when you need them, and hate them when you don't.

Jay Kyle

FNG
These days an Architect for a large statistical software firm, precision gunsmith by hobby with CNC gear in the garage. In the past an engineering tech, journeyman auto mechanic, ticketed aircraft mechanic, logger, truck driver - whatever seemed fun at the moment and paid the bills!

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
Currently I am trying to convince my wife to get a really good job so I can be a farmer/hunter/stay at home dad. Thats my pipe dream anyway.

I am a Firefighter/Paramedic. And many other things part time: Woodworker, carpenter, EMS instructor, logger, whatever it takes to "get the coon" as my southern friend says :)

Last edited:
I work as an Engineering Manager for a major oil company (Shell) working here in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. I have a group of engineers that manage the wells and production on four different platforms.

crumy

WKR
WV what part of the state? I lived across from Kermit in ky

You probably use a lot of stuff that I sell. 70% of our business is coal mines. Unfortunately the big boys are starting to shut down mines and lay off here. Hopefully it's not to bad out west. WV has prospered during this recession but just like always, we don't feel it until everybody is getting out of it. It's probably going to get bad out here.

crumy

WKR
I am a Director of Technology Services. I am responsible for the infrastructure and data centers for an insurance company.

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
An update for me, I now work in the Watershed as an epuipment operator and truck driver. Pretty sweet job, I get to spend all day in the woods, and still get the govt. benefits.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I am a field engineer, work on UPS and other battery backup systems. It's a nice gig because we get paid from the time we leave our house til the time we get back, and i am always going to a different place everyday. Not the best job in the world, but i have had worse for sure.

shaun

WKR
Used to be a firefighter for Fresno Co./Cal Fire until blowing my knee up. Now I am a project manager for a utility construction company building substations

I am a signal maintainer for a regional railroad in Montana. I test the signals that control train movements and also road crossings to ensure they are safe for motorists.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
work 12+ hours per day 5-6 days per week in 3-4 different businesses.
I do get about 25-30 days afield every year so I can't complain.

Forest Hydrologist for the Caribou-Targhee National Forest. Have been a hydrologist for the Forest Service for about 20 years. I love the out doors and spend extra time scout and hunting as archery hunting is my passion.

AGPank

WKR
Mechanical engineer and a project manager for aviation infrastructure projects. Been at it for about 12 years down in South Florida at a couple of the large airports in the area.