Whats the best of Vortex?

Macintosh

WKR
Depends what your priorities are. I dont think Vortex is even attempting to compete with the alpha brands, because the alpha brands dont address most users. IMO Vortex does a better job addressing the needs and wants of most users at various levels than any of the alpha brands. I say that as both a vortex owner across their product range, and also having had several vortex scopes crap out on me, and having had the opportunity to compare most everything to at least a handful of the alpha-brands equivalent products.

If you want only the best, Vortex isnt it. If you want the best value that works for you, well, thats totally different and the alpha brands probably aren't even in that conversation for 99% of the people out there.

Last edited:
I have a Strike Eagle on my 6.5 PRS rifle that I’ve been running for 3 years plus switching it over to my hunting rifle during season, No issues. Scope has always tracked well. Clarity on upper end of magnification isn’t great but it isn’t bad either.

My primary Binos are the UHD 10x50. Really good glass for the price. Alpha? No, but more like Alpha Lite. People on this forum act like if you don’t have NL Pures your Binos are using frosted glass. Sale with spotting scopes.

Electronic Optics are a big deal with vortex too because unlike other manufacturers their electronics are warrantied for life.

Vortex optics have good optics. Maybe not the best but really good and will get the job done and then some.

tdub815

FNG
I have a Strike Eagle on my 6.5 PRS rifle that I’ve been running for 3 years plus switching it over to my hunting rifle during season, No issues. Scope has always tracked well. Clarity on upper end of magnification isn’t great but it isn’t bad either.

My primary Binos are the UHD 10x50. Really good glass for the price. Alpha? No, but more like Alpha Lite. People on this forum act like if you don’t have NL Pures your Binos are using frosted glass. Sale with spotting scopes.

Electronic Optics are a big deal with vortex too because unlike other manufacturers their electronics are warrantied for life.

Vortex optics have good optics. Maybe not the best but really good and will get the job done and then some.
I spent about an hour going back and forth between my 10x42 UHDs and 10x42 NL Pures. Id say they are basically neck and neck in clarity but have slightly different color coating and the swaros are absolutely more clear on the edges. For me the swaros really win the argument with the large FOV and ergonomics. Anybody want a pair of UHDs?

i think the diamondback hd binos are solid beater truck bino that won't break the bank

i dont think ive even had to change the battery in 3 or 4 years with my 1800 rangefinder. if it breaks i'll just get a new one and all rangefinder electronics are eventually going to fail no matter the company. i think the rangefinders are also a good value.

Don't really trust their scopes for dialing but their sparc red dot i've had for a really long time and it's still fine. They seem to have good reviews.

just don't pay anywhere close to msrp.

Bowman276

FNG
I don't even think the warranty is that great. My Viper was bent out of the box, sent it back 2 more times because the power adjustment would bind. Never fixed and would not take it back again. In the trash it went.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I don't even think the warranty is that great. My Viper was bent out of the box, sent it back 2 more times because the power adjustment would bind. Never fixed and would not take it back again. In the trash it went.

I would suggest your experience is not typical. I have dealt with optical warranties since the 1970's. Vortex was the best. They are very prompt and even pay the shipping.

Hydro557

FNG
I'm not sure what the best of Vortex is but I will say that their Viper HD 10x42's that I bought as new in-box for $300 are truly remarkable.

I own or have owned EL's, Duovid HD+'s, Zeiss SFL's, Maven B1.2's, Kowa Genesis, Tract Torics's and several others and I AM NOT saying the Vipers are better or even as good as the mentioned but the $300 vs $2500 difference is very hard to swallow when you look thru the Vipers.

Once again, I'm not a Vortex fan but just simply stating what I have actually seen with my own eyes!

Take care and hope this helps.

BBQ
I agree with all this.

My favorite Vortex optics are the Japanese made Viper HD 10x42. They are a solid bino and sadly you are unable to buy the Japanese made ones anymore. I have hopes that the new Razor 13-39x56 spotting scope will be a good option for those that can't justify the price of a Kowa or Swarovski.

KHNC

WKR

Here is a list of what these uneducated idiots that shoot PRS professionally use. Obviously , they must be fools for using Vortex. I guess its the warranty. I wouldnt trust these guys judgement at all. I would rely on all the people on this forum that know optics inside and out instead.

Notice that Vortex sits right on TOP of that fat list of Rangefinders and 4th on Scopes.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I have hopes that the new Razor 13-39x56 spotting scope will be a good option for those that can't justify the price of a Kowa or Swarovski.
I’m optimistic of this myself. Could be a great option.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Here is a list of what these uneducated idiots that shoot PRS professionally use. Obviously , they must be fools for using Vortex. I guess its the warranty. I wouldnt trust these guys judgement at all. I would rely on all the people on this forum that know optics inside and out instead.

Notice that Vortex sits right on TOP of that fat list of Rangefinders and 4th on Scopes.
Hate to break to to you. Vast majority of guys and gals who shoot PRS are uneducated idiots when it comes to scope reliability and durability.

KHNC

WKR
Hate to break to to you. Vast majority of guys and gals who shoot PRS are uneducated idiots when it comes to scope reliability and durability.
What is your name? I need it to go look up your results for the season.

You seriously think the top professionals in PRS dont know shit about optics or reliability?

Viper PST II 6-24 x 50 ffp moa (Phillipines manufactured)- Had this for roughly 8-9 years and beat the snot out of it. Glass is nice and clear, although my Trijicon is better. Dislike the exposed windage knob greatly, wouldn't buy another one because of this. Had no issues with RTZ until last year after I dropped it down a river when I slipped climbing down wet moss rock to my bull. Slammed it hard enough to crack the stock on my rifle, and took a gouge out of the scope. Need to get around to sending it. That said, it has been a solid scope for many years, and I even after this abuse, it was only slightly off.